Chapter 64

Rae answered her phone and squinted her eyes open. Hey miss Wilson...we got your application and wanted to tell you that you got in but it'll be in winter of your next school year for four weeks and then you continue to attend here if your school allows it. Wow I didn't expect to hear back but uh thank you so much and I'll call when I have enough information for you. Have a good day miss Wilson. You too. Rae hung up. Sissy who was that? Nobody. Come onnn tell us. No. Rae stood up and pushed passed them walking into the bathroom. Well that was rude. Something good happened and she doesn't wanna tell us. Oh?

Are you just not gonna tell us? I have nothing to tell you. Tell you what? Exactly...nothing. I'm so confused. Just eat dad. Disrespectful kid. I'm sorry but it's no one's business. Okay. Sorry sissy. It's fine. How was therapy? Good. Yeah she wants us to write what we love and miss about mom. Can I do it too? Of course. You lost her too. Raul smiled softly and ate his breakfast. So any plans today? Me and Raul are getting some last minute stuff for the wedding. Oh well have fun guys. Sam don't do that. Do what? The whole high pitched voice thing when you didn't know that we would be hanging out. No it's all good. Somehow your voice got louder. SHUT UP ROGERR! That was deep. Sam stood up and breathed out. It's fine. It's going have to be Samantha. I'm sorry guys. It's okay? Yeah it's fine. Well Rae you'll come with me then. Where are we gonna go? Home..maybe. Wow Rae. I wasn't trying to be mean. No you're right love..we should go and get Roger settled in and I'll see you guys around until the wedding of course. Okay. See you around. Leo kissed Rae's cheek while roger and Ro hugged. I'll see you at the wedding Maureen. Roger said nodding happily. Ugh.

It'll be under control. Are you sure? Yes of course sam. Sam smiled at Rae. Trust me I love when they hang out and stuff but I'm just overwhelmed. Cause you told her recently that my mom aka her best friend died and we're all really close to this so it's awkward and you don't want her to talk him down because you really really love him and she's judged him before. Yes exactly. Yep. How are you so good at this? Just know these things man. Rae said shrugging. I'm just scared. Your mom not approving doesn't matter because you love him and no matter how oblivious Raul is he definitely knows his worth and you do too. Sam smiled. He's definitely more happy so yes you're right. Rae looked at Sam. What's wrong? I have good news but I don't know if I wanna tell anyone yet. That's fine but there's obviously something holding you back. And I don't wanna talk about it. Rae you just helped me why can't I help you? Because I'm not asking for it. Oh...yeah okay. Sam smiled softly. I'm sorry. Thanks. But Rae? Yes?? You're amazing.

I made you a strawberry pie. Thank you. How is it? The pain? Worse. Must really suck. It does but I got you so I'm good. Lisa smiled at him. What was your life like when you were younger. It was fond and flashy but also good at times kinda hard because I was an only child and my parents argued a lot plus divorce was a huge deal back then and they didn't want to put that on me. What did they argue about? Raising me and normal marriage things. Are you fully Asian or mixed? My mom was Filipino and my dad was Vietnamese. Ohh that's so cool. Yeah. What were their names? Robert and Maradean. That's so unique woah. They were great people and I miss them a lot that's why it's so hard to face the kiddos whenever they mention their mom because you can tell she was such a beautiful woman and it broke them to be there when she died. Yeah it's so tricky and overwhelming. What is? Death. Those pills are making me sleepy. Po put his hand out for Lisa to grab as he closed her eyes and wrapped his arms around her. I love you. I love you too. Lisa kissed him while grabbing his face. Why'd you ask about my parents? Wanted to know about the people that raised an amazing person. You're sucking up. NOT UH! UH HUH and I'm telling you that you don't have to..they're both dead. PO! It's true. He whispered as Lisa laughed putting her head onto his chest. Night Po. Goodnight Honey.

Are you even sure she wants to marry you? Roger asked laughing as Ro joined. Raul deadpanned. Of course she does. YEAH RIGHT! You like Hawaiian shirts...no one wants to marry a guy like that. I don't like them anymore. Oh yeah? Raul looked at his phone and checked Amazon taking all of the Hawaiian shirts out of his cart. What are you doing? Ro asked with an "I'm onto you " look. Roger grabbed his phone and looked at it handing it to Ro. This is worst than porn search history! LITERALLY. The boys both laughed giving Raul his phone back as he sighed. We're going home come on. But we didn't even buy anything. I know. Uh okay. Is everything alright? Yeah perfectly fine. Raul we were just joking. Yeah it was funny. We know. Okay.

Everyone was back home as Po and Lisa were still asleep. Raul noticed Rae and her mood so he followed her to her room to talk as everyone else got settled. Hey Rae. Yeah? Let's talk. Why? I just wanna talk. Okay. Rae sat down at her bed patting the spot next to her for him. What's the good news? There's no good news. Rae stop lying to us and to me..I'm your brother why wouldn't I be happy for you? Because I don't deserve it! Of course you do. Rae sighed and looked at Raul. I got into a writing program for a winter during school and if I keep my grades up then my school should be able to allow it..it's completely free and just for the winter. Rae that's amazing WHAT!!! No it isn't. What IS stopping you? You're good enough and smart enough so what it it? You're sure as hell making mom proud. You guys...I can't leave you. Um yes you can. Raul. Mom was right about you being the one that got out and being the most successful and we all see why she had the most hope for you. I guess. You're not backing out of this unless you really want to because you Rae Catalina Wilson are the best person to have the most hope for and we love you..I love you and you're gonna do so extraordinary that everyone is gonna be jealous that you weren't there sooner. Heh thanks. Rae hugged him as he rubbed her back. And if you don't wanna do it anymore just call me and I'll pick you up, okay? Yeah okay. I'm so proud of you sis. Thank you Raul. You're welcome.

No I don't like green cereal WHAT? It's good! It's concerning. So is your face. EXCUSE ME?? Everyone got quiet and looked over at Rae. Raeeee. She smiled and waved awkwardly. Hey. What's up? Rae looked over at anyone. Oh god sissy do you have cancer? What? No no of course not. Oh thank god. Everyone looked over at Ro. I got into a writing school! WHAT!!? Everyone ran over and hugged Rae. That's amazing whatttt. Why were you in such a bad mood? Don't ask. Ah okay. Well we love you and are so proud of you honey. That's amazing kid. Thanks dad. What's going on? Everyone laughed. Rae got into an writing school. Po kissed her forehead. Good job kiddo.

Hey Miss Wilson. Hello. Have you made your decision? I have yes. We'd love to hear it and you can always reapply next year if you want. Oh thanks I'm gonna come. That's so so great! See you next winter! I'll see you. Rae said smiling behind the phone. You're gonna do great and we can't wait to meet you. Likewise! Goodbye miss Wilson and have a good summer. Bye and you too!!!