Chapter 40

GAME DAY! Oh god. You'll do great Rae. Hm will I? You better. There it is. She sighed. Rae it'll be fine and you will be. Yeah Rae. Oh hey Matt. Nicole smiled. Yeah Heyy Matt. Matt smiled. Hi? Who are you? Nicole...who are you? I'm Matt. Rae laughed. Nicole see you later. If you and Matt aren't making out. We won't be! Hey, why not? He grabbed her waist and chin to look at him. School you know. Mhm I'll see you at the game. We have class. You do, I don't. Why not? Doctor appointment. He won't be as pretty as you. It's a woman. Still. He laughed. Thank you love. Anytime.

He's pretty. I know!!! Amara smiled. Happy for you. You look pretty today. Not as pretty as Matt. Ugh pretty isn't even a word at this point. Right...thank you Girlfriend. You're welcome. You always look pretty. I'm gonna puke then cry. My job here is done. You're acting like the advertisement for a walking hangover. Hey hey I try. Rae laughed. And your hairrrr. What about it? It's getting longerrr. I wanna cut it again. You can't, I'm obsessed. You're obsessed with me. True but only cause ya my girlfriend. Ewww. Amara laughed. Wanna hang out this weekend? Sure!!! What we doing? Dress shopping? I'd love to. Okay cool. How's Ro? Been having nightmares...probably set up therapy for him. Good idea if you want and I know it sounds so weird but my aunt is a therapist and she's amazing at it. Oh yeah that sounds good he would just have to meet you first so that he can trust your instincts. I get it. Alright cool. I'm nervous. Why? To meet..Ro?! Yeah kinda. He's harmless. Still scared! That's scarier isn't it because then what if he catches me alone and slits my throat. He wouldn't do that and if he did it would be like three years into knowing you to be honest. Rae what?? Rae laughed. Harmless...he's harmless. She said in a high pitched tone.

Ro you can't ride on the bus with us. Whyyyyy. Cause you're six. I've seen death and other stuff it's a bus sissy. And Ro I'm telling you you haven't dealt with your trauma plus you're not allowed. Ro gave her an angry look. Raul is picking you up and we will meet there. I don't trust him! What?? We've been at his house for a week and so much time together before that, what are you on about? Sorry. It's fine. I'll see you later? Okay sissy. Ro walked away. Okay? She questioned. RAEEE! Raine oh my godddd. Why are you guys acting like it's been months you JUST walked in together. Right. Way to ruin it Nicole. Rae kissed someone. WHO? Your dad. Would be kissing a corpse. Oh. It was Matt. Matt? Matt? Who Matt?! Me Matt. The girls jumped. JESUS! Nah...just Matt. Rae smiled. Hey. Hi Rae. Why are you in here? Why not? Cause you're not allowed. Oh well I like forbidden things. You do? Mhm I really do. Mhm we do too. Yep that's right. Matt chuckled. His perfect laid back that was kinda funny chuckle. Rae loved it. They're funny. You're pretty. So I've been told by someone else who's pretty. AHHH! Stoppp. Sorry. Sorry Rae. You gotta go Matt. Yes ma'am. He kissed her cheek and waved bye. OH MY GODDD. Rae covered Nicole's mouth. You hate me don't you. Nicole pointed at her mouth. Rae took her hand off her mouth. Thank you and no I don't hate you I'm happy for you and I love you. I love you too. Ugh I want a girlfriend. I know someone PERFECT for you. Oh? Funnn. Alright girls let's come over and talk.

The girls were all on the bus on the way to the game. Rae. Hm? You're such a good person. Oh thank you. Why do you react like that? Oh what do you mean? Like you're surprised I said it. Well cause I...am. Ahh. Yeah I know I've done a lot of good things but it just doesn't stick. It does and I notice and other people do too. Rae laid her head on Raines shoulder. Thank you. You're so loved. You are too. Your hair smells great. Ugh this new shampoo. It's amazing. Yeah I know I just loved the old one so much. Change is hard. Nah not because of that..because it was cheaper. Raine laughed. Cheaper stuff isn't always better though. True. Raine gave her a look. Wait are you referring to to? Does he make you happy truly? In some ways yes. Oh. Hard to explain. Nah I hate mean and it'll stay like that. But he's pretty. Worst type of men. Not always. Raine gave her a look. No n- no-...ye- yes Yes. There you go. Rae smiled. Even your smile is pretty. Dead mom genes. Good thing I didn't pick up on alcoholism...I call that dead dad genes.

Raeeeee! Oh god. We love Rae!! We love Rae too. Nicole yelled back. I can't do this. You can! Rae walked over to her family and sighed. Hey guys. Hiiii. Hey sissy!! Ro are we good? Of course! Rae you're gonna do great. Thanks Raul. Yeah kid I'm counting on you. Po gestured for her to get closer. Rae confusedly walked closer. He started touching her and counting. Ha ha so funny. I know. He shrugged. She smiled. Thank you guys. You're welcome. I love you sissy!!! I love you too ro. Rae looked in the bleachers and saw Amara. She happily ran up to her and hugged her. I didn't think you'd actually come. That's what he said. Oh god no that's my brother. Shit ew. Right?!? They laughed. I'm so excited to watch. Rae looked at amara. What? You just don't seem like the type to. Rae. Okay yeah sorry. Wanna get ice-cream after IF you win? And even if you don't. I'm gonna ignore that diss at me and accept. Hey I ignored your diss. It wasn't a diss! Sure. Rae said going down the bleachers holding amara hand. You have to let go girlfriend. I don't wanna. Yeah but then my arm will be ripped off and you'll only have that, you only want my arm and not my beautiful presence. Your arm would be enough. Awww thanks girlfriend. Of course girlfriend.

The other team hit the ball as it flew over in between Rae and Nicole. Rae shuffled over to it and hit it. MINE! Everyone stopped and watched with their mouths open. The other team hit it back over as Rae spiked it down. AHHHHH! Joneson's High school wins 26-18. The team hugged Rae. Proud of you Wilson. Thanks coach! All the girls pull out and walk away. I have to go talk to my family. Yeah. Rae walked over to Po and her brothers and smiled. Rae Rae knows how to play play!!! She smiled. So proud of you!!! Thank you. Good job sissy! Thanks ro. She picked him up as she hugged her. You're a star. Roooo. It's the truth. Rae put him down and looked at Po. Great job kid. Thanks. We will see you at home. Okay!! Amara ran down the bleachers and kissed Rae's cheek. Great job girlfriend and I watched the whole thing. I'm shocked. Stop. Rae laughed. I'll see you at school. You will. Bye girlfriend. Byeee. Nicole walked over and looked at Rae. You're amazing. Nah. You are. Well thank you Nicole. Always. Nicole looked at Rae and stepped closer. Rae was just smiling. Nicole kissed Rae and pulled away. Oh. I'm sorry Rae. It's totally cool. It is? Yeah. Nicole moved in again. No no Nicole I didn't mea-. Nicole smiled. Yeah my fault. Are we okay? Yep totally. Okay good, good game! Mhm...totally. What. Just. Happened.