Chapter 13

Rae was in class but Matthew wasn't there. She was kinda worried about him but she continued doing her work. He walked into class panting and sweating. Sorry I'm late I have a slip. Matthew sat behind Rae instead of beside. She didn't question it but she did look back and started to talk to him. Where were you? Hospital. Oh. Yeah my dad it doesn't matter. Of course it does. Yeah right now everyone is so stressed so I checked you know? And I just broke down and I got hot and then sweaty and I rushed here and I'm not okay, I'm not fine and neither is my dad and I have all this stuff to deal with and you're beautiful and you distract me in the...good way. Matt caught his breath. I'm really sorry about your dad I'm kinda going through the same thing but weren't not doing much in here and you're the foundation for yourself and for your family and thank you for calling me beautiful. You really are. Thank you Matt. You're welcome Rae.

Nicole and Rae were laughing and giving each other notes. Are you ready for volleyball today? You did good! We both got in, I know it!! We'll see. Rae don't get sad please. I'm not I just think Matthew Roman has a crush on me. WHATTTTT?!!! That's so sweet andddd....hot. She smirked slyly. STOPPP. Nic laughed and smiled at Rae. Do you like him too?? I don't know maybe. Of course you do, he sounds like an Harry Potter character and has green eyes...I have a crush on him. Rae laughed. There's another guy. Always is, what's his name? Leoneil. Yeah with a name like that I'd go with Matthew. Leo is sweet and he's been through the same things I've been through and I have fun and with Matthew I know it'll be more serious and he doesn't need that right now. No one needs serious but it's sometimes it's what they want. He called me beautiful you know. You gotta marry him. No I GOTTA take care of myself and MY dad figure. Just allow love to find you wether that's Leo or Matthew or even mostly yourself. Thank you nic. She smiled.

Ro was sitting in the gym reading his book while Rae and the team were waiting to see if they made it. Rae and Ro didn't talk about him kicking her but he wasn't being talkative or even apologetic but she couldn't focus on that at the moment. Hey girls. Hey coach. Alright I'm gonna do some hitting drills with you guys one on one and then two of you guys together and that'll finally settle who made it, I know it's weird but I've always done it like this and it shows me a lot sooo I'm gonna have Rae come with me first. Rae sighed knowing that she would be called outta some random name popsicle stick trauma. Nic and Raine gave her an thumbs up and smiled. She ran over to coach. You think she'll make it? I know she will. I hope we make it. We will! What is up with you sad bitches and no hope?! Like WE WILL. Raine laughed. Darius walked over to the two. Um hello? Oh hi I'm Darius I'm just observing. Well can you observe a couple feet away from us please. God I'm sorry, my mom is the coach and I come with her after school to watch plus I'm really boring and don't wanna stay home. OHHHH. You're still REALLY close to us. Oh god I'm sorry. We're just kidding. Raine and Nic laughed. It's really cool that coach is your mom, we've learned alot already from her so even if we don't make it we know some things, great things. That's a good mindset and you'll make it. Thank you. Rae finally walked over looking flustered. Who's this guy and why is he so close? GOD I can never catch a break can I? The girls laughed. I'm Darius coaches son. Oh nice. How'd it go Rae? I don't know had some bumps but I think it went okay, it's really intense though. We can handle it. Just don't make her angry. Darius included. Sure. No he's right please don't. Oh shit. Rae walked over to Ro and grabbed his book. Sissy Please. Please what? Just give it back. Ro what is going on. I just want my book back!! Here. He looked at her then back at the book. You're getting bullied aren't you. Ro kept reading. How long? I don't know. Ro yes you do, how long? Long enough. So you kick me instead of telling me? I-. For god's sake put the damn book down. Ro put the book down and looked at her. What type of bullying? They've spilled stuff on my supplies and hit my head a few times. Ro what are their names? Don and Alex. Okay thank you. Ro sighed. I'm sorry about kicking you and not talking and not telling you but my problems and me telling you takes a huge part of my soul because of how much you've risked for ME I'm just tired of being smart and abused and alive. Ro what are you saying? You're still not hearing me I can't do this anymore, I don't wanna do this anymore. Rae grabbed his hand and looked at him. Ro right now my will to live and move on is so slim and I have no idea how mom is or how Ramiro and Raul are or even you and I still get up and I still come here and I still take care of you maybe those things will change and shift but you and I won't, me taking care of you won't and me loving you won't but you have to get up ro and you have to come here and you have to live, don't do it for me please do it for yourself....god you're five and you're going through hell I'm so sorry. Ro laid his head on her lap and cried. I'm so sorry Ro, I'm sorry.

Rae was putting food on everyone's plate and finally sat down. Po how do you feel? Like I was in the hospital a whole week and I miss my dead wife. Ahh dark but I did ask soo. Po laughed and started to eat. How was school? It was school..what it always is. Ro? How about you. Ro didn't say anything. Ro. Rae shocked her head no and ate. So sissy did you make it on the team?? No. Oh well I'm sure you did great! Learned a lot and next year. Yeah except I did make the team!!!! WHAT. OMGGGG. Ro dropped his plate and hugged her. So greatt so greattt! I told you it would be okay. Po smiled. Great job kiddo. Thank you!!! He started to shake. Ro get off. Po are yo-. He passed out. Shit.