Chapter 38

I don't know. I know it's weird and scary but you're already here. Yeah. Raul won't let him hurt us. Who's Raul? Who Raul? Raul said walking in. That's Raul. He's cute. Ew no. Nicole laughed. Rae said deadpanning Nicole. Sorry sorry, so tell me more. That's pretty much it and then Raul's guys come in and do their thing.

Rae was at the table eating pasta with Ro and Nicole. This is so good. Po's a great cook and dad and guy he's just great. Nicole laughed taking another bite. Ro looked up at both of them. What's going on. I think Nicole has a crush on Raul. Ooh yikes that's a HUGE age difference. I don't I don't he's just cute. No he's not he's disgusting. Well yeah because that's your brother. That AND that he's just not cute. Ohhhh I'm loving this. Ro said eating his pasta excitedly. Nicole my room? Sure. Okay cool. Rae and Nicole walked away leaving Ro all alone. Hey I'm not old enough to be alone! He yelled. Eh it's fine. He shrugged. Just wanted to see if anyone cared...no one cares. He said taking another bite. Rae slammed her door and looked over at Nicole. You don't want this. Want what? My brother. How do you know? Cause your indecisive and young and he's very affirmative and old. Even better. NICOLE NO ABSOLUTELY NOT! I shouldn't have to tell you off like a dog, you should know this is wrong and a lot of friendships end like this. Ours won't...you love me. Yeah well I'm starting to hate you. Rae. What? Brother lover. I- uh-. Speechless just like me. I don't like your brother. Better not. I don't. Okay good and also I kissed Matt. WHATTTTT?!!??? Yeah. Rae shrugged. At the thrift store in the changing room. IM SORRY??? Rae sat by Nicole and looked at her. Anything to stop you from liking my brother. Wait you're lying? NO! Oh okay. Nicole hugged Rae. That makes me so happy but also very protective because I never met Matt. You will you will. Rae smiled hugging back. Ro opened the door interrupting. Hey you guys are terrible babysitters. But you're fine! I'm not fine! It's true I'm fine, I'm fine. He shrugged looking at them. You owe me a lot of candy Rae. Nicole and Rae laughed. I'm on it.

What candy ro? All of itttt! We're on a budget bud pick two. Okay okay fine. Ro continued looking for the candy as Nicole followed Rae with her arm tucked into Rae's. Are you ready for our game Thursday? I am actually. You'll do great. We will see. Rae I-. What is it? Rae took her phone out and answered. What Raul? Ramiro is here. What where? At the house...come back now. Rae hung up and looked for Ro. Ro Ramiro is here we have to go. But my candy. Another time. You promised. ROEL. Sorry. They all ran out the store and back home.

Can you still do this? I can. Rae sighed. Rae it'll be okay. I don't know man. Raul looked over at her. I'll talk to him first and be in the room once you guys talk. Raul last time. Rae I got it, I got you. He said holding her shoulders. I won't let anything happen to you guys I swear. Rae hugged him. I hope it's bad for him and I hope we won't have to ever see him again. Raul rubbed her back. Mom had hope for things like this...she even had hope for him to be better but we know he's not redeemable. Ro say next to Nicole. Thank you for doing this for Rae. Of course. You're a good friend better than kora. Who's kora? That's Rae's story to tell but I'm just glad she met you. She could never get rid of me. Ro smiled. Me neither. Rae looked at Rae and Nicole. Let's do this guys. Okay! Alright.

Hey man. Hey Ramiro. I'm excited. I bet. Finally get little old Rae to myself. Right. Raul gave him a look. What man? It's been my wish for so long. Okay just stop. Ramiro just brushed him off and continued to follow him. Raul texted the guys "STAT" as in get ready. Rae and Nicole were in the room waiting. How far is this room man? Right here. Raul opened the door revealing Rae and Nicole on the bed. Oh AND she has a friend?! He said slapping Raul's chest. Two for one. Ramiro said rubbing his hands together. Raul followed after Ramiro but Ramiro stopped him with his hand on his chest. You're not coming in man. I just have to. Nope. Raul ran in the room and locked the door. Shit. Raul whispered to himself. Hey Rae. Oh um hi. Nicole held her hand. Who's your friend? Um Nicole. Nice. He smiled at them walking closer. Rae stood up. Lemme help you. So sweet thank you. Nicole looked at Rae and ran into the bathroom. Wait where is she going? To freshen up..it'll be just me and you for right now. Uh okay. Ramiro said hesitantly. Rae started taking off his shirt. Thank you. Rae nodded. She looked over at the door. Look at me. Rae looked at him taking the shirt off completely. Your turn. Let's wait for Nicole. We've been waiting and I'm hungry. Rae felt a pit in her throat and stomach. She closed her eyes and whispered please to herself. Ramiro grabbed her and walked to the bathroom door opening it. What's going on? Nicole leave! Rae. Nicole please. Ramiro grabbed Rae's hair and dropped it on the bathroom sink. Rae cried out grasping onto the sink and looking up at the blood. Ramiro please stop. No. Rae tried to grab his arm or something but he was way stronger. Nicole was banging on the room door. It finally opened. Rae wiped the blood off her face and looked in the mirror. You're not dad and you'll never be and mom was wrong about you being better, you've always sucked and this will too. Raul's group of friends were behind rae and Ramiro. One of them grabbed Ramiro's hand and the other grabbed Rae.

Where were you Raul? I'm sorry. It's fine. No Rae I'm really sorry, they weren't here yet and I needed to be sure I could protect you and Ro and your friend. Rae hugged him. It's over? It's over. He said back rubbing her back. You'll shower and Ro and you will sleep and everything will be fine. Can we stay with you for a couple days? Of course. Rae started to cry. Rae it's okay. I'm sorry. Why? I blamed you again. You had every right Rae. Also I got blood on your shirt. Hate this shirt. Rae laughed and pulled out of the hug. Raul you've done better, you were always the brother I could trust. That makes me happy. I'm gonna go check on Nicole. Alright. Rae gave him a look and walked away. Nicole? Rae?! Rae walked over to Nicole and hugged her hard. I'm so sorry. It's okay. Nicole started to cry. Rae I was so scared you would die. I've survived much worse. Yeah I didn't wanna lose you. Survivors guilt and all. Nicole laughed. Exactly. They both sat down on the couch. Hey do you wanna stay with Raul and us for a couple days? No it's not what your thinking. What was I thinking? That you could get some free time with my brother. Rae gave her a stern look. No! No no. Sure. They laughed. Hey guys. Oh hi Ro. You okay sissy? Seems scary. It was but I'm okay. Ro you're not in a good mood. Nothing to be happy about right now. Oh. I think Ro is broken. Nah he's human. Ro say between the girls and fell asleep . Just tired. They said in sync.

It was about an hour later and everyone was outside on the porch waiting. Ro was still asleep. Poor kid Rae thought. They finally heard noise. Both Rae and Nicole stood up to see a body in a bag. It was Ramiro. Rae's mouth dropped. She hugged Nicole crying. Ro slowly woke up. Sissy what is it? He's dead. Who? Ramiro. Finally. Yes..finally. Rae sighed.