Chapter 52

Po is getting out today so after school we're gonna go get everything from his room and get him back home, okay? Okay. Alright Raul. He has a brace so be really careful around him and don't move around too much or fast and we will take turns giving him his medicine but a lot can be overwhelming so just be calm please. I understand. Me too. Okay thank you guys for being respectful and patient, have a good day at school. Thanks for driving us. Thanks Raul.

Hey girlfriend. Matt or amara? Guess. Nicole? Yep. Heyyyyy. Rae said hugging Nicole and eyeing raine. Heyyy she whispered. Nicole pulled out the hug as raine hugged Rae. Last day man. Man I can't WAIT to get the hell out of here. Language Mrs Wekens. Last day! Doesn't matter. The teacher said mocking her. Okay sorry. Get to class please. Alright. Byeee. Byeeee. Rae said laughing. Matt held onto her waist and turned her towards him. Hey. Hii! Matt smiled kissing her cheek. I love you. I love you too matt. Matt smiled and grabbed her hand. It's our last day love. Crazy year. True but we mettttt. And I'm so happy we did. Me too. And I love my ring! You should probably put it up because you know jealous people and criminal people who might steal it. Criminal people? Sorry I meant vengeful. Great replacement of the English language. I pay attention. Uh huh. Sometimes. There it is. HA!

Alright we're gonna combine classes and get these poems started. The kindergarten class made their way into Rae's class. Come in kids come on. Rae smiled looking at Ro make his way in class. Alright guys we already have someone who wanted to go first so we'll start with her...Rae whenever you're ready. Rae walked up to the front of the class and grabbed her piece of paper smiling. "I cut myself and you were there, I got hit by dad and you were there, and mom died and you were there...but you were also there for the good moments too and that's something I'm internally grateful and I'm so internally grateful that you were born because I don't think I would've survived or had the will to without you here...you've influenced me countless times and I'm glad that I've influenced you too, I don't know where we are headed or even how we will get there but I do know as long as I'm with you and we figure it out together because that's what we've done our whole lives, right? We've been best friends since you were born because I had to protect you and you didn't know how to protect me but you learned and you've saved my life. Roel Louis Wilson you're my always best friend and my forever brother". Rae put her paper back in her pocket and smiled as everyone clapped. That was beautiful miss Wilson. Thank you. Ro will you like to go up? Yes! Ro ran up to Rae and sat by her. Alright. He smiled. "Rae you gave me my name, you gave me hope and protection and love ever since I was a baby and you still do, you're my best friend in so many ways that I'm yours...you're also my sister which I've been severely blessed with by the way and I'm so very grateful that we're okay and alive because as sad as it is I didn't expect to be six or older I thought I was gonna die but I knew as long as I was around and with you...under your arms that you'd swaddle all the fears and worries away, I'm appreciative of your kindness, your generosity, your selflessness and compassion....you're me passenger and life long friend but you're always and forever sissy". Rae looked at Ro crying. Ro hugged her and smiled. It's okay sissy. I know. Oh not to cry! To be emotional because my poem was better. Rae rolled her eyes. God you're so emotional! Rae laughed as her teacher handed her tissue.  The class clapped as Ro and his class were heading out. See you later sissy.

We love youuuu! I love you guys so much. We're gonna miss you! I'll miss youuuu. Have fun with matttty. Stop ittt. Raine and Nicole laughed. Trios last forever! Do they? Ours will, we're resilient. And funny. And beautiful. Of course we are. No wonder the volleyball team hated us. Or maybe cause they were bitches. They all laughed. And we have to beat up ro if he interrupts any of our sleepovers! He'd beat you up. Rae. I would! So don't try it. Oh. Yeah. He said shrugging. See you at the wedding! I'll see you Rae. Nicole kissed Rae's cheek and smiled. Raine hugged her and smiled. Thanks for being our friend. I was lucky enough. We were. Raine and Nicole waved one more time and then walked away. Rae smiled down at Ro. Ready to go home? I am sissy! How was your year other than the bullying? Really good...actually felt nice to be in a class where I'm smart as everyone and not the smartest you know? I do I do. And I loved being able to see you occasionally cause it makes me feel really safe and secure. I'm glad that I'm that person for you because you make me feel the same. Sissy what are your summer plans??? Sleep. Not me! I'm gonna stay up and hang out with Raulllll! Take care of Po and stay up playing games with you. You've got it all figured out. Cause as much as I love school I love summer MORE! Fair. It's greatttt. It's hot though. Yeah but it's great. But it's hot. Whatever! Speaking of it being hot I'm hot right now. Rae put her hair into a ponytail and headed to the car as ro followed after. Sissy wait up! Fine. Ro caught up and hopped in the car. Po is home, remember what I told you guys? Yeah. Yep. Be careful and less harmful around him. Yes thank you. So how was your day? Pretty good! Me and Sam have a day this weekend. Does she like Hawaiian shirts?? I haven't asked her yet Rae, that's like second date question territory. Ahhh got it. Yeah don't ask her that Raul. Why not Ro? Cause you're a weirdo if you do? Ah yep okay. Just ask her after your officially dating so she thinks you haven't always thought about it but that also depends on if your eager about it so act like it's the one question that goes "would you love me if I was still a worm". Okay thanks for the input Rae.

So it's a war movie? It is yes. Po are you okay with that?? I'm  the one that wants to watch it Rae. Just asking. My ptsd has wore down I promise and it was never that bad so it's fine. I made mozzarella sticks. Oooh yum. Never had one. Ro eat one right now. But they're hot? Rae grabbed one and flinched putting it on his napkin. But it's hot. But try it. Sissy. Yeah okay I see it now. Ro patted her shoulder and blew on the mozzarella stick. Po played the movie and ate a mozzarella stick with no hesitation as everyone watched shocked. What??? I'm used to eating hot food...way u grew up. He shrugged. I wish I had that talent. I know righttt. Shhhhh the movie is starting. It's really good sissy. Ro said whisper yelling. Exactly.

I'm sure. Okay dad. I want you guys to be able to enjoy your summer. We love you. I love you too. You made sure we were content and safe and provided us with a beautiful home. You guys needed it. Rae and Ro sat on his bed. You kids are gonna have a great life even when I'm long gone and you're old enough to take care of yourselves. We will always need you. No..you didn't need me before and certainly won't when you're older. We DID need you, you got us out of there. You guys saved my life...made me feel since Cassie died so I'm forever thankful to have the kids we never got to have. And you're the dad we always needed. It'll be a good summer! It'll be fun and we will always need you, thanks for accepting and loving us. Thanks for choosing for me to. We didn't choose. Ah yes you can't choose your family. It was our fate. You were out path Pa. You were.