Chapter Six

We need to go home. Your nose is broken, he BROKE your nose. I'm still here. Rae shrugged. Oh yeah? And soon enough you won't be able to say that. Knowing me I'll survive. Do you know domestic abuse's death rate? No and I don't want to. Good...but you're not going home. I AM! Come on ro. Sorry Po. Po just threw his arms up in defeat as they walked back home. The "bad people" as ro referred to them as were at the house. Rae sighed and walked into the house. Ah the famous Rae. Take us away. Wait a second we gotta ask questions. Oh nothing to ask let me make it easier for you. Broken nose? Yes. From him. Yep. Anything else? What are their names? Carol and jack. The group deadpanned. Do you have the money. No but I have PLENTY of beer in the fridge here for ya. Rae opened the fridge but there was only one left. Hm? Looks plenty. Do MY looks give you plenty of evidence that there's CLEAR abuse going on or? We need more time. How much more fucking time do you need? Before it gets pathetic cause my excuses aren't even this bad. Rae closed the fridge as her dad walked over and grabbed the beer. How old is your little brother again? I'm five, why? Old enough to separate. You're not separating us. How are you gonna tell us? Do what you want. Roel grabbed her hand. Mr.Po had a bad feeling about the two kids so he walked over.

So do you wanna go today? I'll take them! Huh? What? Everyone looked over at the old man. Sir are you lost? I've lived here longer than you I know my way around and before they came home they were with me so why can't that be something that's long term. Because you're way too old. I've been in war and don't be ageist it's outdated like me according to you and your ageism. Mr. Po it's okay we just don't wanna be separated. And I'm sure you don't wanna be abused either but no one seems to understand that but I. Rae sighed and looked at Ro. It'll be okay. Have Hope have hope have hope he whispers. Right. Mr.Po walked into the house further and into the kitchen where everyone else was at. Rae's dad was standing by her. You're not going with him. Yes I am..I've paid the bill and everything else around here and I get hit for it!?! I'm not tolerating it anymore. Oh yeah? YEAH. Rae's dad moved closer and raised the bottle but was stopped. I don't think that's a good idea son. You're not taking my daughter! DAUGHTER? Rae laughed in disbelief with her hands on her knees. I'm your punching bag but not your daughter. So how are we doing this miss Rae? I'm going with Po. You can't do that. I think I can I'm fifteen right and since ro is five and we can be separated I think we can both can decide together that that's not gonna happen and Po is fully capable of taking us into custody is he not. I mean yeah yeah he is but. But what? He's too old cause from I know the reflexes of the bottle and my face were pretty sharp you know war and all. Yeah! You haven't been abused or sexually assaulted for almost three years as your little brother had to watch cause he was too young and yeah I can say that without being ageist cause it happened...did it happen to you? They looked at her sympatheticly but Rae rolled her eyes. Oh NOW you care? We've always cared. Don't fucking lie in my face dipshit. See that's why I hit her. Mere example. The men tried to grab Rae. STOP! Get off of her. Mr. Po stepped in and punched the guy. He fought them off as Ro ran upstairs and rae followed after to start packing. They locked the door as best they could before he could get them. Bring your coat even though it's too small and everything else you can grab, okay? Okayyyy. Ro hurried as Rae went into the bathroom and looked at herself. Ro got on the roof. What are you doing? It'll be faster this way and we won't get hurt. Ro you've never done that before though. I'm being smart. Rae? Okay but slide down the pole and tuck your knees. Okay okay. I'll take your bag. Here. He threw it at her and slid down the pole. RO! Rae got quiet and put her head down. IM OKAY SISSY! Oh thank god. Rae got ready to slid down and did it. Okay everything is fine whew. Get in. Po said opening the door. Rae and Ro looked at each other and jumped in. You guys ready? That we are. Fucking duh. RO! Sorry. They all laughed as Po started to drive. Where are we going? Somewhere far from here. Rae looked at the house as they drove past it. Goodbye old house.