Chapter 15

Ro your hair is long enough to put in a bun, oh my god! Rae squealed putting his hair in a bun and leaving the rest down. I love it sissy, thanks. Of course. Rae just claw clipped her hair up. You smell nice sissy. Thank you! It's the new perfume from Matt I got. Ooooh he likes how you smell so he got you a new one! Ro Stopp. It's nice to see you happy. Are you? Happy? I'm trying to be. I'm gonna talk to them about don and Ryan today, okay? Mhm.

He totally likes how you smell! No he doesn't. Girl he got you his old sister perfume and always wants to be around you...that's like code for you smelling good and hey he's right. Thank youuu. You have a glow too. Cause I'm happy. Good love. Are you okay Nicole? Yeah I um been arguing with my mom recently so I'm just  a little frustrated, did you get the rest of the notes? Yeah I did. Can I see them? Of course. Thanks. So you excited for volleyball? Yes!!! Nicole dropped her pen and turned towards Rae. Okay you can be excited and STILL do your work. Rae said handing her the pen. Nicole rolled her eyes. It's so weird that they grade notes. Right?! Anyways can you turn it in for me? Yep. Thank youuu. What would you do without me? Not my notes that's for sure. Rae snorted. Wait your name is spelled the regular way? Yeah duh. So not nikcoal? I don't know why you believed that. Yeah me neither. They both laughed as Rae turned the papers in.

Rae was at volleyball practice while Ro watched. She smiled at him as he cheered her on. Good job sissy! Ro we haven't started drills. Oh...okayyy still good job!!! Thanks Ro. I love your little brother. I love him too. Darius walked over. Woah woah too close. The girls said in sync. Hilarious. They laughed. Are you guys excited for the season?? We are!! Good. First game in two weeks. That's scary. So is Walmart but you still go. Nice one Dar. Oh, nickname basis? Can I call you guys the jumpy Jackie's? Hilarious. They all deadpanned. I know. He smirked. Alright girls let's get ready!

Practice was good. It was! Nicole kissed Rae's cheek. I'm so proud of you. Thank you. Raine smiled and kissed Rae's other cheek. Me too. Thanks girls. Rae grabbed their hands and looked at them. It's gonna be a good season! It issss. Is it bad we haven't talked to the other girls. Nah they're bitches. True. The girls laughed. Nah Lauren is kinda nice. Raine and Rae looked at Nicole. Okay that's a lie. She's like the meanest one. They all laughed. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Good luck at the hospital. Bye roooo! Bye girls!!! They smiled and walked away. Ready? I am. Wait Ro. Hmm. Is your hair shorter? Why is it down. Don and Ryan cut it. Okay we're talking to them tomorrow and as for your hair I have an idea. Alright sissy. 

How do you want his hair? Just cut please. So you have NO idea. I do I do! Rae shows a picture of Matt. Who's that? My friend Matt. His hair is nice. I knowwww! Anyways why you haven't you guys come over? Po is in the hospital and school you know. Ah will he be okay? Apparently he's gonna get worse he has uh Parkinson's disease. Oh my goodness. Yeah! Didn't think of that as an enthusiastic thing. Oh me neither. Leo laughed as he started cutting ro's hair. Thanks for this. No problem. Where did you learn to cut hair? My dad would always forget to take me to get my hair cut so I taught myself and sometimes I cut people around the neighborhoods hair for a couple bucks. That's so awesome. Yeah I know I had uh stopped for awhile cause a kid that's hair I did died a year ago and I felt this pain that was indescribable because he was so kind and young Ro's age. Ugh that's horrible. It was, I still think about him. A year doesn't change that the pain either grows more or less. Yeah thank you. No thank you for doing his hair and not being mad at us for not hanging out. You were in the hospital please don't blame yourself. Yeah uh Ro has been getting bullied and his hair was finally long enough to put in a bun so I did that today and they cut it so I just thought to give him a haircut. Smart and fast thinking and I can make it look great no doubt about that. Thanks. You're welcome. So what's Matt like? He's pretty cool and he's sweet and his dad is very sick and I feel bad and he called me beautiful and I think he's beautiful. Wow. I mean you asked. Do you like him? He likes me so why not? Because I like you. That can't stop me from liking him that just makes me more stuck. I know Rae I know but you drive me insane and I've missed you and now there's Matt and I know he's better than me and I know you'll choose him. You don't know who I'll choose because I didn't even know a damn thing about you liking me. You had a feeling. Even if I did you can't be mad at me for it, this isn't about you liking me it's about you being upset over a guy you don't know and the fact that YOU asked about him and he makes me happy and he gave me his sisters old perfume and yes I like him and not because he called me beautiful but because he cared about Po and because you could've came and seen me or asked a day you saw me but everything is my fault.

Thank you for doing Ro's hair again. Yeah of course. Ro was on Rae's hip asleep. Ro was a light kid so it never bothered Rae to carry him. Rae wait. Leo grabbed her hand. Yeah? You're more than just beautiful you're radiant and I've been trying to fight how I felt about you but I DID care I did I just couldn't ask because I've been going through my own thing and I didn't want to take away from your hurt. Leo it's okay and I'm sorry that things have been hard. You're amazing. You're amazing too. Have you seen his hair. She whispered funnily. Yes Rae I did it. And you did amazing. Leo kissed Rae's cheek. I have something to give you. What is it? Leo handed a necklace that was on the table in front of them. It was a circle pendant with an tiny heart and half sun and half moon. Because you're my sun and moon and pass is in to who's yours. Rae hugged him. Thank you.