Chapter 20

Rae was bleeding a lot but was too weak to get up. Rae dropped the glass and looked up at the bathroom ceiling. R-. She tried to call out for Ro.

Grace woke up panicked. Ro ro wake up! What is it mom? Where's your sister? I have a bad feeling. I don't know. Okay I can't move too much so I need you and Raul to go find her don't ask Ramiro..she trust Raul more always have since she was little. Okay mom. Thank you. Ro got up and walked out looking for Raul. Raul? Raul?! Raul. Ro asked a nurse if she had seen him. She nodded yes. It was awhile ago honey..think he went on the second floor or maybe it was your sister. If it was she had two ponytails. Yes! I seen her like ten minutes ago. Okay thank you. You're welcome. Ro headed to the elevator and waited. Sissy please be okay. He whispered to himself. Please please. The elevator door opened as he headed on. He pressed two. Ugh hurry up. It opened as he headed off. Ro didn't know where to look..wether it was for Raul or Rae? Raul never really came in to see grace so he could've been anywhere so ro did the ro thing and checked the bathroom. He bumped into her leg and dropped his mouth open. SISSY! RAE!! He tried to hold the door open so that someone could help but everything was too heavy and he was only five it was like a emphasis on his life. All the pain he had to carry including this it was too much. He was crying but still calling out for help. SOMEONE! A nurse ran over and open the door wider for him. My sister! Oh my god. You shouldn't see this. HELP. Okay okay. The nurse grabbed a hospital bed thingy and put Rae on it. I'm gonna have her on this floor okay? I don't know what room but ask for me when you come back, okay? My name is Shelly. What's her name? Rae it's Rae Wilson. And yours? Roel but Ro for short. Nice. Thanks. The nurse pushed Rae down the hall as other doctors ran over to help. We're gonna fix her Ro. She said backing up into the O.R. Ro punched the wall. He cried out. His hand was broken and bloody. You okay kiddo? Just broke my hand. I can fix that up. It's okay. Nah lemme help. The doctor walked over and grabbed ro's other hand. So what happened? My sister tried to kill herself and I'm upset. Oh god. Yeah. My sister killed herself about five years ago not enough doctors could've cleaned up that mess. That's horrible. It was. I didn't even know what suicide meant a couple weeks ago and then I looked it up and felt this weight against my chest..she's my protector and I- I can't protect her like she protects me it's impossible..everything is impossible right now. Ro cried grabbing onto the doctors jacket. I'm sorry. It's okay lemme wrap this up for you.

Ro was asleep in the room while the doctor was on the computer finishing up some stuff. Hey James I think the sister of this kid is in a room now she'll be okay. Thanks Rose. Of course. James looked back at his computer then walked over to Ro. Hey little one. Ro shook in his sleep. I'm sorry. It's okay, what happened? Your sister is in a room now. Ro jumped down from the bed . What room? I don't know yet. We have to go. Okay okay. Okay. He sighed. You okay? How's your hand. Broken and bruised. Yeah that was a dumb question. And I'm not okay. Fair. Hey doc what room is Rae Wilson in? Take a left. Thanks. Ro stopped and looked ahead.  I don't wanna go in there. Hey you have to. You can't force me. Yes yes I can, you'd feel horrible not seeing her and you're gonna feel horrible seeing her right now but it has to happen so she has some support, she's been with you your whole life so be here with her for just a moment. Ro took a deep breath and started to walk again. Okay good cause I gotta stretch my legs out.

Ro was on his way into the room until he saw Raul with someone. He walked over and tapped his leg. Raul finally pulled away and looked down at ro. This is what you're doing? Making out with someone in a hospital?! This isn't greys anatomy this is real life where our sister almost killed herself. What?!??? Yeah so tell Maria to get on so we can have a family moment. My name is actually maya. I don't care. Yeah I should shut up..I shouldn't even have a name. Exactly so...don't. Maya walked away and gave Raul one more look. Raul followed ro into the room but he had the doctor stop him. Go tell mom and be at least decent plus I don't even think Rae wants to see you anyways. Please. Raul I have no patience right now. Yeah sorry. Just go. Ro walked into the room and got on the bed with Rae. Do you want me to stay? Yeah that's fine. Okay. Ro looked up at her and started crying. Why? He said to her sleeping body. I just. Maybe you can write letters until she wakes up. I think that would be nice and helpful. I have a notepad back in my room I'll go get it for you. Thanks. Dr.Mike smiled at Ro and walked out. I don't get you Rae you were happy...we were, everything was fine. What happened? Is it our brothers because now I get it they're both bad or maybe I'm just mad speaking of I broke my hand it uh really hurts but it's cool to me so yeah I wish I was this mad when I got bullied but bullying buries people it buried me a lot and now I feel like I have to take care of you which is a lot but I can take it because of how strong you've been for me...and taken care of me so. He shrugged. He looked at her and held her hand. Rae's arms were bandaged securely and she was full asleep. He never seen her this weak. It made him feel so infuriated that no one takes care of them or this is what happens when they come back home but it never been home to either of them because of the abuse they both knew their real home is with Po. It'll be okay, I love you Rae and this. He said pointing at her arms. It won't stop you sissy. Ro was getting sleepy so he got more comfortable and cuddled Rae. Doctor Mike walked in the room. Hey I got your paper. Doctor Mike looked over and smiled. Good. He whispered to himself.