Chapter 46

AHHHHH! Hey girlfriend!!! Hiiii. So so ready for the sleepover. Oh yeahyuhhhh. I haven't seen Rae this excited about anything. Or call anyone girlfriend. Should we have an intervention? We've intervened enough in her life and I'm saying that as her old neighbor/ new father sooo. Amara walked in and smiled. I'd love a tour but first I'd love to meet Ro. Me???! She looked down at him. Yes! He smiled grabbing her hand. You're so pretty Amara. Why thank you Ro. Follow me. Um sure of course but where? The sexual abyss. Oh hm uhhh. Amara coughed roughly as Rae and the others tried not to laugh. He's fun. It's something everyday.

You like Reece??? Have you seen her? She's beautiful. Her beauty scares me. What does that mean Rae? Amara laughed. She's so beautiful that the thought of talking to her is so scary because of her beauty. Oh I don't get scared. So you've talked? Oh no of course not. Rae laughed. You should and hey I can set it up. What if she doesn't like me? You won't know if you don't talk girlfriend. Hey Rae? Yeah? Promise that we'll always talk for the other person if things get hard like really really hard. I promise Amara. How's you and Matt? Amazing too amazing that it's kinda scary. Love is scary. Everything is scary. You're just a wuss. Not true! No more than you! You can't even talk to reeceeeee. I can! You can't talk to Matt. He's my boyfriend yes I can. Amara tried not to laugh. Rae snorted. We're so weird. True but at least people like Matt and Reece like us. They're pretty. So are we. Very true. Of course.

Gosh your mom was so stunning Rae. Glad to get my looks from her. Yesss girlfriend. Rae laughed. Why do you call each other girlfriend? Either I'm ancient or just haven't gotten the memo soon enough to call Cassie that. I'm sure you can even if she's your wife. I'll head to her grave now. Oh my goodness I didn't kno-. I'm messing it's okay Amara. Rae looked at Amara. Why didn't you tell me??? I don't just go up to people telling them my dad "non abusive " by the way has a dead wife like what. That's fair but STILL. Sissy when is homecoming? Uhh in two weeks? No in three. Why'd you ask if you knew? Amara are you going?? I plan to yes... my ticket says yes. SEE Rae she knows what she wants to do. I'm going you idiot! Ro didn't speak. You not only yelled but you called the smartest six year old you know an idiot. His voice was in a subtle tone but quiet as he slowly looked up at her. I was smarter than you! Are you smarter now? I- I'm- close enough!! Ro walked away. He definitely won that argument but he didn't win my heart like you did. Amara don't joke. He's not actually mad kid. No he is. Rae you seem to talk to him a lot. He's my brother. I know I know...let me try. Go ahead. Amara ran after Ro. Hey ro man where are you going? My room. Ah I'll give you a minute so it doesn't look like I'm being weird. Gotcha. Ro slowly walked into his room as Amara waited. He came back out holding onto the door knob. I'm in the room. Yep got it. Amara walked in and sat by him on the bed. You're not an idiot. I know that I mean obviously. Amara laughed. You are really smart for your age. I'm gonna be a millionaire by the time I'm eight. And once you are lend me like $50. Only fifty?? Not a money person. I get that. And I actually get what being an idiot is like so. Oh. Yep been called one my whole life. You're very smart. I fake it. It'll be fine, as long as you spend the $50 wisely that makes you way  smarter than the intelligent people!!! Amara smiled and hugged him. Thank you Ro. Ro ran into the kitchen and yelled. She hugged me!!! And she smells so niceeee!!! Don't be weird Ro.

I'm not seeing it. I'm DEFINITELY not seeing it. Well duh he's your brother. I thought it was a whole thing sorry. Amara laughed inspecting Raul. I'm also a lesbian so. Fair enough. He's handsome he'll be fine. I AM fine. Ugh you're disgusting. No Rae he's FINE. Rae hit Raul in the arm and walked past him. Ow! Hitting me because I'm handsome. Rae is still my wife though. Amara said running over and kissing Rae's cheek. Thanks girlfriend. Always girlfriend. Should we go scissor? Oh my god we should! What?????! You wouldn't get it Raul. Guys you're supposed to help me with scissoring! Ro said running into the kitchen. We're coming. Hahaha scissoring joke. Didn't even catch that. The girls walked after Ro and followed him. All three of them were laughing leaving Raul really confused. I think we got him guys. They headed in the room grabbing scissors and paper for Ro's school project. Ro you know what scissoring is right? Nope! Oh? Hmm. That's good at least. What is it? It's what we're doing right now. You're lying sissy but it's okay. Rae and Amara laughed helping him cut paper. DON'T SCISSOR!  They all looked at Raul. Okay okay we're done. They dropped their scissors.

Raucous, Admirable and Entertaining! What does raucous mean??? Just go with it. Okay okay. Your turn. Hmmm adorable, moral, Ambitious, Rational And Adventurous! Yours was way better. You have a longer name of course it was. I want ice-cream. Oh Leo has some! Leo? OHHHh Never-mind. Mhm. Your hot hot cutie boy neighbor that gave you the necklace. That's him. Let's goooo. Let's do it. Wait what kind of ice-cream. Butter pecan. I'm gonna throw up. Kidding! He makes a good banana pudding ice cream and he also has like strawberry. I'm sorry?!?! Banana pudding!!! Yep it's your favorite. I KNOWWW! I told him you were coming over so he offered to make it. Rae and Amara headed over to Leo's house. Amara knocked really hard. He opened the door really tiredly. What what what?? We're here for ice-cream. It's late. It's eight. It's 1 a.m. 
Ohhhh. Leo opened his door. Hi I'm Amara. You're the one that woke the whole neighborhood. That I am. Welp hope it was worth it. You have that banana pudding ice-cream? I do. Then we'll see if it was worth it.

It was worth it. Rae and Leo laughed. What??? ITS GOOD! Shhh my abusive father is sleeping. Shit sorry. Strawberry is good. Thanks Rae. I missed you. I'm literally always here. That's true. But I'm nottttt. Amara get it together. You two need to GET together. No! I'm dating. Matt? Leo questioned. Um yeah. Is he nice? Always. Not to me. You guys look like siblings so that's why he's mean to you. Nah Rae that's not how that works. It's Rae logic. I like Rae logic but you logically chose the wrong guy. I'm a Matt girl but he might be right. You just like his ice cream. It's good ice cream. You're cool Amara. I am really cool aren't i?? Rae smiled.

BYEEE! Byeee girlfriend. Bye. Are you really crying? Of course I am I have to go home. Amara it's okay. No I don't wanna go home. You can stay one more night. I can? NO! Yes! Rae gave po a look. Sure you can but school ON time and no funny business!! What are we monkeys??? I am! Amara laughed. You guys can laugh. Amara no. I said it because I'm black. Ro started laughing. It's hilarious. Don't laugh too hard kid. Sorry. Just kidding! But still. Everyone started to laugh.