Chapter 50

Rae could feel people staring at her but the one stare that was the warmest was Matt's. What? Rae can we talk. No. We're talking right now. What do you want?? To talk. Okay. The dates. What about them? Tonight. Matt I don't want to. Rae I need this. And I need a therapy session but that's not until Saturday. Please. Fine. I'll pick you up at 7. Kay. Well my mom will.

Is this the bow you wanted? No dad. Sorry. It's okay. Want me to tie it for you? Please. Po slowly put the bow in her hair and started to shake. This damn Parkinson's is killing me. Pop it's okay you don't have to. Rae turned around and looked at him. She accidentally stepped on his foot and he fell back. Dad I'm sorry. It's fine. He said wincing. Get Raul. What happened sissy? Dad fell, get Raul. Ro ran out the door frame to get Raul. Dad I'm sorry I didn't mean to step on your foot. You didn't see it it's okay. I don't even wanna go on this damn date. Why not? He's such an dick. Are you mad at him or yourself? Po are you alright? I'm good...just need help up. Raul ran over and grabbed Po as Rae helped. You should go and I'll head to the doctor, if you want you can stay the night since the hospital will probably have me stay for a few days. Are you sure? Of course kid. Po caressed her face as he finally stood up with good enough balance.

Hi Rae how are you? I'm alright a little sad. Oh why's that? Dad fell really hard before you guys came. Oh goodness I'm sorry. It's okay. Well Matt is really happy to take you on this date. He is. Matt speak. Nothing to say mom. You did earlier. Why does it matter? Rae didn't even wanna come. Is that true Rae? Yeah. Well she has every right to feel that way. I warned her multiple times! Still doesn't make it right. Matt sighed and looked at Rae. I'm sorry about Po. Thanks. How's Ryan? Oh she's good she's been volunteering at the church lately. That's nice. Yeah she's been better about her dad dying. Mom. What??? It's fine Matt. Okay. Why are you so moody? Because you're mad at me. How sweet. Mom stop. Matteth St. Peter Murdock! Sorry. Better be. Rae laughed. We're here, have fun guys and I'll get you at around nine. Alright mom thanks. Thanks miss Murdock. Please call me Salem. Got it.

These are cute! They are. Matt smiled handed her the other set of photo booth pictures. Rae I really didn't want them to do anything to you and I didn't even really wanna go but I care about you and your opinion. Matt it's fine. No they invaded your body and I should've done more about it and I want you to know we're not friends anymore and I've felt that way about them for a long time. I appreciate that but I'm just mad at the situation not you and somehow it became anger towards you but it's okay. Rae grabbed his hand. Where to next? Have you ever been to maxi's? No. They have the best clothes ever. But. Yeah I know there's Ricky's thrift but with a name like that there's really no competition. Ugh you sound like when I first mentioned Leo. I still feel that way. I know. I never said anything about the necklace. Matt I-. It's okay, it's his dead mother's and there's a reason why he gave it to you I get it and personally I think it's pretty. Really? Yes I just want you to know I'm not mad about it. That's very mature and respectful thank you. It's a pretty necklace, what can I say. He shrugged.

We're gonna match so hard! Don't say that ever again Rae. Yeah I regret that. Matt laughed. Is that Ryan? Ryan is home with David. Matt I wouldn't lie. I wouldn't either. But maybe she would? I mean yeah she lies all the time. That's her. Who is she with? That's definitely NOT David. Should we approach her? Yes of course. Matt brushed past Rae and walked up to Ryan. Hey sis this isn't David, what Is it that you're doing? Matt I I can't do it. Do what? NOT be dramatic. Hey Rae. Oh hi Ryan. The guy was just standing watching everyone. Should I go? No but go get me some boba please. Ugh boba? Chris not right now. Yeah sorry. They all watched as he walked away then started to talk again. Why are you cheating? I'm not. Yeah she's not. Rae don't glorify this. I'm not. It's girl logic. Yeah it is. Girl logic? Matt said with an "dumb fucks" face. What's the situation between you and David? We're on a break. Oh yeah they're broken up it's okay. Well then we mind as we'll be on a break because you see Leo more than me. He's MY neighbor?! I BET he is. Matt chuckled lightly and his eyes got dead and blank. Ryan we will see you around and Rae we're going anywhere else from here. Good luck. Ryan whispered walking away.

I love it on you. I like your sweatshirt on me better though. Glad my service is appreciated. Rae smiled taking off the dress. I think this year looks good on me. It does. Like even though my mom died and I had to experience countless amounts of abuse I think I'm okay. You're shining harder and faster than all those other stars, Rae. That's sweet, thank you Matt. You're welcome. Are you really upset I see Leo more than you? Kinda yeah. We see each other at school. Yeah but this is our first date after dating for a couple months. So plan more. Or you can come to my house? Really?! When?? Tonight. Matt I don't wanna be a bother. Isn't Po in the hospital? What did he say after the fall. Oh he did say I could stay over and visit him the next day. Yeah so we'll take you tomorrow or tonight if you want. Thank you so much. He will be okay Rae. I believe you. Good. Rae leaned down and kissed Matt softly. Matt grabbed her waist to pull her closer. Matt wait. What? Remember we did this last time. Our first kiss...of course I remember. Rae smiled and kissed his cheek. We should do something crazy! Like? Kill someone. Absolutely not Rae. Yeah too much adrenaline from the kiss, I apologize. Matt laughed softly and smiled at her.

I wanted a burrito. Rae said pouting. The pizzas good Rae. He said firmly taking a bite. Plus the burrito place was closed. I love burritos. I love you. He said softly kissing her cheek. I love you too. What's your favorite attribute about me? Personality or looks? Both. Well I love your hair and eyes and abs. Matt chuckled. And I love how you're only nice to me and how comforting you are to people and to yourself. Rae grabbed his hand and smiled. I think you can feel when people are good and you're good. You're good too and your goodness changes people Rae. I'm glad it does. Hey guys mom is on her way. Tell her to wait, I have to buy Rae something. Matt she's coming. And I'm GOING to get Rae something. Whatever Matt. Matt ran into one of the stores as they all stood and waited. So how's David? Chris laughed. You're not good at conversations. I mean are you bothered by it? Scared men don't bother me and never will. I can admit he's better. Rae nodded confidently. Right?? Ryan said smiling. I haven't seen you. Sorry I was too busy getting hit by David. He hit you??? Why do you think of why I wasn't at school? I did-. You didn't. Not that reason, I thought of you. I'm glad and thankful that Matt is happy with you, just needed time and healing. I'm sorry that happened and David will be dealt with. I'm sure of it. I'll deal with him.

I'm glad you guys had fun. Me too! Yeah mom thanks for taking us. Ryan I have no words for you. Ugh mom I didn't lie...fully. No you did. You really did. Not helping! Wasn't trying to. I'm disappointed in both of you...okay? Is that fair. Yeah it's good. Cool with me. Rae laughed softly. So raeeeee? Yes. Is Matt back in your good graces? He is. Good to hear. Mom I'm tired. Well we're going home so you'll get to sleep. You're so lame Matt, it's like 9:06. Ryan do you want me to do the spin around? Please no...god no. Okay so stop talking to Matt cause then I'll have to defend him and I don't wanna. So just defend me? I don't wanna do that either. She pouted. MOM! I'm so serious. Rae laughed again and looked over at Matt. I'm sorry. He mouthed to her. It's okay. She mouthed back.