Chapter 6 : Abhimanyu's Birth

Draupadi couldn't bear the pain anymore. Motherhood is a bliss but it comes with a price. Satyabhama and Rukmini are encouraging her constantly as she is going through labor.

"A little bit more, Drau," Satyabhama said.

With a last scream Draupadi pushed hard. A cry of an infant was heard short by. Rukmini softly kissed her forehead.

"Your son is born, Draupadi," Rukmini said affectionately.

Draupadi smiled faintly. Satyabhama cleaned and wrapped the little boy in fresh clothes. She brought him to his mother.

"Drau, your youngest son," Satyabhama laid Abhimanyu in Draupadi's chest.

"My lion cub," Draupadi kissed his head numerous time.

Today she is missing Arjun so much. Something did change after Shrutakarma grow up, but when he was born, the greatest archer of Aryavarta cried holding him. Abhimanyu will never have the shadow of a father.

"Draupadi, today is a happy day. Don't be sad," Rukmini said softly sensing her dejection.

Draupadi gave her a broken smile.

"Swami is getting really impatient to hold his nephew, Drau. If you don't give him, those males will broke into the chamber," Satyabhama giggled.

Maharaj Draupad, Dhrishtadyumna, Satyajit, Balram Dao, Krishna are all waiting impatiently outside the chamber. Draupadi fed Abhimanyu and gave him to Satyabhama. She needs to rest.

Satyabhama came out with little Abhimanyu in her hand. Maharaj Draupad was the first one to hold him. He smiled sadly in his tears. Poor boy...he took birth in a time that is really hard for his mother. His mother almost died with him.

"Stay blessed, my son," Maharaj Draupad kissed his head.

Dhrishtadyumna and Satyajit also gave him blessings.

"Kanha listen, as the older brother, it's my right to hold my nephew first," Balram Dao said in utter seriousness.

"But dao, I am the favorite Mamashree," Krishna whined immediately.

"You don't know that. Now give me the child, Satya," Balram Dao hold Abhimanyu.

"He got his mother's complexion. Hopefully he will look like Draupadi unlike Shrutakarma. That child is Arjun's younger version," Balram joked.

"Abhimanyu will be the most beloved son of Draupadi, dao. He will be the soul of my Krishnaa," Krishna said touching the newborn's head.

"Bua," Krishna called Kunti who was standing far away.

"Bua, won't you bless your grandson? He is your Arjun's youngest son, Bua," Krishna called.

Kunti slowly approached them. Her eyes flowing with tears. She took her youngest grandson in hand and placed numerous kisses on his forehead.

"How is my Putri?" Kunti asked Krishna.

"That you should ask your Putri herself. Maharani Prishati is already inside. You should go too, Bua. In this time a mother's embrace is all a daughter needs," Krishna assured her.

Kunti hesitantly walked into the chamber. Draupadi was cleaned and now resting her head on Prishati's lap. Prishati saw her and became uneasy. Kunti is not to blame for what happened. But the marriage happened in Kunti's ignorence only. If not Draupadi wouldn't need to suffer so much.

Draupadi opened her eyes feeling her mother's discomfort. She turned her eyes to see Kunti on the door.

"Rajmata Pranipath," Draupadi sat up.