Chapter 22 : A Mistake

Today groom side will come from Dwarka and Mathura. People from Panchal already came a day before. Draupadi isn't finding time to even breath with all the preperations she is doing singlehandedly.

"Mata, they are almost here. You have to come," Shrutasena informs.

Draupadi took the already prepared arti thali and moved towards the door.

People who were present once again got stunned seeing the breathtaking Yagnaseni. She descended down the stairs with her simple but gorgeous white saree. Bhism and Vidhur sighed looking at Draupadi. Her living like an widow is enough pain for them.

People were dazed looking at her. She has no sign of motherhood on her. Some people who saw her on her swayamvar, got amazed because nothing changed. Prativindhya and Sutasoma stood beside either side of her and addressed the people with warm and affectionate greetings.

"Your sakha came here leaving us all," Dao fake glared at Krishna.

"He is the first father in law of Aryavarta to come before the marriage, dao," Draupadi smiles.

Everyday laughed. Draupadi took the blessings of Dao, Revati, Rukmini, Devki, Vasudev and other elders of the family. They were welcomed in a grand manner flower petals falling on them every second.

Draupadi was waiting for the groom who is walking with his brothers.

"Maiya," Pradumanya took her blessings first.

"Stay blessed, Putra," Draupadi softly caressed his face.

"Maiya, I am the groom here," Bhanu pouted.

"Sakhi, there is a ritual for the mother in law to pull the son in law's nose. I am waiting for it," Krishna says standing beside his sakhi.

Bhanu wasn't surprised at his father's betrayal. It's not the first time and definitely not the last. He is accused of stealing so much and gets beaten countless times by his Mata.

"That's only applicable so the son in-law doesn't get arrogant. How can my Bhanu be arrogant?" Draupadi smiles.

"Pitashree, I am here to take your place. Get ready," Bhanu smirks.

Krishna glared at his son. Taking his place in his sakhi's life is impossible.

Prativindhya and Sutasoma took Bhanu inside. Others became busy to entertain the guests.

When everyone wasn't paying attention, Bhanu slipped from their sight and began to search for Yudhisthir.

"Pitashree Yudhisthir," Bhanu bent down and took his blessings.

Yudhisthir and his brothers were shocked at the most. What is happening?

"Pitashree has told me about you all. And asked me to take your blessings," Bhanu says.