Chapter 94 : A Price to Pay

Draupadi was fuming. And given her nature, she becomes too silent when she is angry. Her husbands also sat their dumbfounded. No one had the courage to talk to her.

Previously, all six of them decided to meet up in their secret hideout. And while Draupadi and Arjun were coming here together, they heard a news Arjun wishes she didn't.

"Maharaj, I shall call my brother, our Senapati back. I am afraid Sidhu will try to attack," Sudeshna says.

Draupadi and Arjun stops dead in their track. Why will Sidhu attack Virat out of nowhere?

"Maharani, don't panic. This isn't good," Maharaj tries to console her.

"Given the boon of Lord Shiva, he is almost invincible now..." Sudeshna says in horror.

Draupadi's hands turned cold. What boon is she talking about? Soon she came to know, after being insulted by Pandavas, Jayadrath went straight to Himalayas. He did extremely hard penance and got the boon that noone in this world can kill him except Panduputra Arjun. And the person who will drop his head on the floor, will succumb to fire and meet his afterlife that instance.

Arjun looks at his eldest nervously. Seeing his wife's posture, he can say how badly terrified she is.

Yudhisthir walks over to her and places his hand on her shoulder, "Panchali."

"I told you,"

This is the first sentence she said.

Yudhisthir didn't found anything more to say to her.

"I told you to punish him, Arya. If you didn't want to you should have let him go. Why insult him?" Draupadi stand up this time looking at his eyes deadly.

"Listening to a woman is very insulting to you warriors isn't it? That's why you refuse to pay a single penny of what I say," Draupadi spat angrily.

Yudhisthir trembles unknowingly under her intense gaze. The fire in her eyes was too much for him to behold.

"Panchali," Arjun calls her weakly.

"Panchali, even if we can't Arjun can kill him. Don't you believe in Arjun's valor?" Bheem asks softly.

"Arjun killing him? How so? Please tell me given all the conditios how can anyone simply kill him?" Draupadi turns to Bheem.

Bheem was as speechless as Yudhisthir.

"Again. Why again? I would have accepted it if it was towards me. But I know his target will be my sons," tear of anger dropped from her eyes.

"My soul will leave my body before a single harm befalls on my sons, Aryaputro remember that. I will sacrifice anything and everything to save my sons," Draupadi's eyes burned with determination.

Pandavas didn't know what to say. They are also dumfounded as well. Yudhisthir and Arjun regretted in their mind immensely. They should have killed Jayadrath listening to her that time.

Karn caresses his Vijaya. Draupadi is tensed. Why so? Karn knows five of his brothers are there. No harm can befall on her. He knows...but still. What's got her so worried?

The hollowness and the darkness that he once succumbed into, has returned. This walls of Hastinapur palace appears very sinful and agonizing for him. Every corner of this Palace echoes her scream of agony. It has become such an impure palace.

"Putra Karn," Bhism calls.

Karn turns and touches his feet, "Pranipath Pitamah."

"Any news from them?" Pitamah whispers.