Chapter 84 : A Small Family Reunion

Today Suthanu and Bhanu will come to meet. Draupadi was almost jumping all over her hut, her yard in happiness.

"Why are you sharping your sword?" Karn asks Nakul and Arjun.

"Because Bhanu will come," Arjun answers.

"So...you will ask him to have a duel?" Karn asks confused.

"Nah, just talk, Jyest Bhrata," Nakul promises with a dark glint.

Karn goes over to Draupadi and sits close to her.

"Draupadi, I don't think they quiet like Bhanu. Why is that? He is a perfect husband for Suthanu," Karn whispers to her.

Draupadi rolls her eyes, "Bhanu is innocent. His only fault is he is Suthanu's husband."

"Draupadi, don't sheild him. You know how painful giving birth to a child is? Why did he make Suthanu suffer?" Nakul growls.

Draupadi rolls her eyes. She gave birth to seven children. Who knows it better than her?

"I gave birth to seven children. You don't have to teach me about labor pain," Draupadi retorts.

Blushing a bit Arjun and Nakul focused on sharpening their sword. Realizing their reason, Karn nods his head.

"Let me help you," Karn proposes.

"Shoo. Go away. I don't need help," Draupadi tries to get him out.

But this Suryaputra also has fire in him. And she is fireborn herself. Both are equally stubborn and headstrong. Despite her protest, Karn sat there chopping the vegetables.

"Panchali," Arjun calls.

"Arya," Draupadi smiles at him.

"I have learned every dance that you thought me. Will you take my test tonight?" Arjun asks.

"If that's what you wish, I will," Draupadi smiles.

Karn begged her to be a little lenient with Arjun. And she also doesn't want to be a burden in Arjun's head. Before she returns to Devapath she promised not to ignite any disagreement between her and Arjun.

"Priye," Sahadev leans his body on her back.

"Why are you winning? What happened today?" Draupadi asks softly.

"Nothing. You are preoccupied with a lot of things and I don't wish to be a burden," Sahadev pouts.

Draupadi smiles secretly. She is well aware of the real reason of his sulking. She was quiet preoccupied with Karn. Trying to mend his relationship back with his brothers. Others accepted the current circumstances only Bheem and Arjun are yet to understand. In that process Sahadev felt neglected.

Mata Kunti told her again and again. Nakul and Sahadev are the youngest and generally hungry for love and affection more than others. Besides their brothers also spoiled them with immense love. Karn listens to whatever they say. Generally they will seek her more than others but is afraid to do so. Their elders don't let her get away from them for a split second, requiring her in almost everything. Being the youngest they didn't dare offend their elders by demanding her as well.

Sahadev began to play with the end of her achal burying his face in her fragnant hair.

Karn looked at them amused. Draupadi undoubtedly pampers Nakul and Sahadev the most. Like a child even though they are elder than her.

"Stay with me, today," Draupadi says to Sahadev softly.

Sahadev grins and begans to play with her hair completely leaning on her back while she cooked.