Chapter 83 : Eternal Fame

The sould of waves were the only sound they could hear. Everyone was standing there stunned. Bhanumati was still standing in front of Karn joining her palms.

Draupadi stood there her eyes widen in disbelief.

"What have you done, Bhanumati?" Karn whispers.

"Why would you ask something like that?" Arjun screams at Bhanumati.

Bhanumati jumps on her place, "Forgive me, bhrata. But I know as long as Bhrata Karn is by our side, we won't be defeated in any way. I only wish my husband victory."

Everyone looks at Draupadi who was the first one to hint there will be a disaster soon.

Karn looks at her helplessly. Draupadi slowly approaches Bhanumati.

"I oath to curse you for the this lame trick, Bhanumati. I am holding my patience on a thin thread," Draupadi's voice was filled with anger.

Bhanumati trembles like a scared deer in front of a lioness.

"What can be expected? Your husband is a coward, a stain on warrior's name, a vile man. You as his wife. How can you forget trickery?" Draupadi hisses like a snake in anger.

Bhanumati sobs and falls on her feet, "Forgive me, Jiji. I had no other option. You husbands have taken vows to kill my husband and family so brutally. I was scared."

"Do you realize the gravity of the situation you foolish woman?" Draupadi's voice thundered.

"What else could I have done? I promised to bring an end to my husband and his entire family," Bhanumati argues.

"You compelled blood brothers to fight against each other for no reason, Bhanumati,"

"Jyest Karn is Arya's brother too..."

"Of course they were. That's the reason Duryodhana abandoned him when his need was fulfilled. He abandoned Karn when he needed a friend the most," Draupadi yells.

"But..."

"You realize the relationship between me and Karn, don't you? Are we just friends or realtives? He is the eldest of my husbands. The Jyest Kunteya. How dare you ask him for a promise like this?" Draupadi shouts at her angrily.

Karn was silently standing there. Tears fall from his eyes on his feets. What just happened? Why wasn't he careful enough?

Draupadi looks at him and her anger starts to diminish. It is thousand time more painful for him.

"Bhanumati let me tell you one thing. As long as I am alive, none of my husbands will be harmed. Not one of them out of six will be harmed. They will live I promise you that. And about Duryodhana winning in this war, that won't happen ever. He won't win even if there's a thousand Karn beside him. Ravan had greatest of warriors with him, he didn't win, Bhanumati. And your husband will die," Draupadi says to her.

"Radhey," she slowly approaches Karn who turns his face away from her.

Draupadi softly cupped his face and made him look at her, "I won't be a hindrance on your dharma. But give me a promise as well. You will not break any rules of the war no matter what happens. No matter who breaks the rules you will not break it."

Karn expected something emotion. Or her making him promise that he won't participate on behalf of Kuruvansa. He even wished she asked for that. But her words were different.

"What?" he asks again.

"Promise me Karn," Draupadi asks again.

"I...I promise you...," Karn says confused.