Chapter 90 : Vengeance

Draupadi wipes her tear violently. It's not that she wants to kill Jayadrath out of personal grudge, but because he committed a sin. Of course she also thought about Dussala. But after Dussala hears what Jayadrath did, will her relationship with him be the same? Why do women feel proud to live with a husband who is on the side of adharm? Again Yudhisthir and Arjun stopped it. Why? Does her honor mean so little to them? She could have been kidnapped and violated.

"Panchali," Karn calls her from behind.

Draupadi turns around her face hardened. Shrutasena is standing his face red in anger as well. Arjun ordered him to stay to guard Vrishaketu.

Bheem dropped some hair on her feet. Draupadi frowns and steps back.

"What's this?" Draupadi asks confused.

"Panchali, Bhrata Bheem cut all his hair and left six braids on his head only. He has learnt his lesson," Arjun says proudly.

Draupadi was pale, "What have you done?"

They were confused seeing Draupadi so angry.

"Panchali, what's wrong? Why are you angry?" Bheem asks.

"Even a wild animal knows to not let his enemies live, Arya. If you all didn't want to punish him for trying to abduct your wife against her will, you should have let him go slapping his back proudly. Or you should have given him his ultimate punishment of death. Why did you insult him?" Draupadi shouts in anger.

Arjuna and Bheem were standing close to Draupadi. They jumped on their place at her tone.

"You insulted a warrior so brutally. You think he will ever forget it?" Draupadi asks turning to Yudhisthir and Karn, "You two are the eldest, were you two also standing quietly when your younger brothers do that?"

"Panchali, please don't use that tone in front of them," Arjun protests seeing her using such harsh tone in front of his eldests.

"Arjun, they are my husbands. And I certainly don't need your permission to talk to them," Draupadi shuts him down coldly.

"Panchali, he won't do anything," Karn says weakly.

"Karn, I didn't even insult you or anything. Not a single person in Panchal did. But you felt insulted not being able to complete the task. Do I need to remind you what you did to avenge that insult of yours in dyut Sabha?" Draupadi asks him her eyes filled with anger.

Karn shuts down immediately. He looks down not facing her anymore.

"You shouldn't have let him live, Pitashree. You shouldn't have," Shrutasena's broken voice add into their horror.

"Sakhi," a gentle call outside the hut and Draupadi rushed outside.

"Sakha," she broke down on her Lord's feet.

"Sakhi, why you must punish me with your tears always?" Krishna softly embraces her wiping her tears.

"Of course now also you will be annoyed with me," Draupadi wipes her eyes.

Krishna chuckles, "I am your sakha. How can I be annoyed of you? No matter what I must stick to you always."

Draupadi laughs despite being angry and sad, "Seems like a tough job sakha."

"Friendship is done from heart sakhi. And who among your six husbands had the audacity to make you cry this time?" Krishna looks at the brothers teasingly.

Pandavas stood there half smiling at how Krishna handled her.

"It doesn't matter. Am I not used to this already?" Draupadi says not looking at her husbands.