Chapter 95 : It's less Painful to Stay Away

"Malini, Maharaj is coming. Hide your face," Maharani Sudeshna urges.

Draupadi does as she is asked. Before doing so her eyes met with Arjun who is guiding Uttara about a specific move. Draupadi sighs as Sudeshna is always so possessive about Maharaj and never let him see her in any way.

"Maharani," Maharaj enters the chamber and everyone retreated.

Draupadi retired for the night. For mind going through the initial days in Indraprastha. It's natural for women to be possessive of their husbands but sadly Draupadi couldn't be that.

Draupadi was in the garden. Her mind uneasy and unresting for the last week. Arjun has married Uloppi and bore her a son. Now he is staying in Manipur. Arjun has send her a letter begging to wait for him and he will explain everything to her.

Draupadi sighs. What is there to explain anymore? When she originally heard about it, she was furious at the maid to say false things about her Arjun. But when her Govind came and looking at him she could tell that was true.

To Govind she opened her heart and cried for hours. Govind consoled her and stayed for some days. Before going he taught her about a specific Yagna. Whenever she feels the immense pain when Arjun touches another, she should enter samadhi. Only this will save her from the excruciating pain.

Draupadi says in her mind. Uloppi kidnapped him. Forced him to marry her. And he just performed his dharma. But one thought kept bugging her mind. Isn't protecting a vow given to your wife is also dharma?

Unfortunately for her, it wasn't the end. Draupadi was serving food to her sons when she felt excruciating pain all over her body. Her face twisted as the pain increased and she fainted. After she woke up, she found all her husbands and her elder sons Prativindhya, Sutasoma and Satanika beside her bed.

Sahadev and Nakul asked again and again why she fainted all in a sudden as her vitals were all good. Draupadi couldn't even lift her head in embarrassment. How can she ever say that to her husbands? She didn't need to. Few days later the letter arrived that Arjun has married Chitraganda, the princess of Manipur.

Draupadi was broken. Her heart crushed. She couldn't believe it's her Arjun. Time changes people, doesn't it?

Prativindhya is 10 years old, Sutasoma 9 and Satanika 7. Their education and training keeps Draupadi busy beyond measures. And everyday Satanika must do something. He keeps every person of Indraprastha on their toes.

A few days later, Krishna came to visit them. After a lot of convincing, he succeed to bring Draupadi to Dwarka. Draupadi and Sahadev came for a short visit. It's Draupadi's year with Arjun. As the other years, this year also Draupadi spend the year in penance. But her amazement knew no bounds.

Arjun was standing in front of her. Her hands flew on her mouth in surprise as Arjun smiled at her softly.

"Phalguni," she whispers in her tears.

"Panchali," Arjun smiles at her softly opening his arms.

Draupadi steps back. The man in front of her is unknown to her. He is not her anymore. Years long pain came back rushing. She turned around leaving a dumbfounded Sahadev behind.

"Panchali," Arjun called her name desperately from behind.

Draupadi didn't stop and ran as fast as she can. She can't face him now.

Later Krishna came to her chamber and told her given the situation it was necessary for Arjun if he ever wanted to be back. And he misses her so much. Unless she permits him, he won't come to her.