Chapter 72 : Answers

Karn approached Draupadi from behind. He had a childish wish. He wanted to scare her from behind but Draupadi noticed him.

She smiles and gesture ld him to be silent. Curiously Karn looks at her and then he saw Yudhisthir sleeping on her lap. Her achal is on his face shading him from the sunlight.

"Last two nights were too much for him to fall asleep. He finally slept," Draupadi whispers.

Karn smiles as Draupadi gazed at Yudhisthir with love flowing in her eyes.

"After what happened to you because of him, you still look at him with so much love," Karn couldn't help the curiosity.

"Love requires forgiveness. I forgave them long ago, Radhey. Speaking of that how shall I address you from now on?" Draupadi asks teasingly.

"What you were addressing all along," Karn laughs.

"Draupadi,"

"Hmm,"

"You broke your vow to not enter Hastinapur before you get your justice,"

"I did. It wasn't any promise to anyone. It didn't harm me at all,"

"What do you think mean?" Karn asks confused.

"I meant that when we promise someone something, we should keep it no matter what. Breaking our promise or going back to our words breaks the trust between two person. I didn't promise anyone that I won't go to Hastinapur. It was a promise to myself," Draupadi explains.

Draupadi lovingly ran her finger through Yudhisthir's hair who sighed in relief.

"Draupadi,"

"Hmm?"

"If we are supposed to be together at the end, why the separation at the beginning? Why couldn't I lift kindhura?" Karn asks.

"Radhey the answer to your second question is you doubted. You Doubted that a princess won't garland you. And the answer of your first question, Govind himself will give you," Draupadi says.

Draupadi almost jumped on her place as she felt Karn's hand over her. He was deep in his thoughts and was completely oblivious of the matter.

After he went away, Kunti came beside her.

Draupadi became embarrassed as Kunti smiles softly seeing Yudhisthir and her.

"Putri, Karn also deserves to spend time with you like my other sons. They had you for years. You have children with them. Now you should focus on Karn," Kunti says softly.

Draupadi was infuriated. She wanted to retort back to her mother in law for once. She is not a slave girl to be passed down. Why would she treat her thus? But she kept her temper in check. Maybe having Karn back to her life again, she wants to give Karn everything that she can.

"Mata, what you order I shall follow. But we shouldn't hurry over this. Your sons will not accept it," Draupadi says.

"Why won't they?" Kunti asks confused.

Draupadi felt bad suddenly. Pandavas hide their inner turmoil very well that's why even their mother thinks that they can share anything among themselves. Karn didn't grow up with them. He doesn't have the bond that five of them have.

"Mata, did Karn ever mention that he can share me?" Draupadi asks.

Kunti was silent. Indeed Karn told her he would have eloped with Draupadi if she gave him the order to divide her.

"I know he can't Mata. And your sons are very used of me always beside them. Especially Yudhisthir. I am his queen first than all. Most of my times we are together. You think Yudhisthir will accept that robbed from him all in a sudden? Bheem will be okay not having me beside him? Arjun will accept my ignorance? And what about Nakul and Sahadev? I take care of them and pamper them as a mother would. You want to take all these away Mata?"