Chapter 28 : Reconciliation

Pandavas didn't waste a single second to rush towards Draupadi's chamber when they heard Krishna send Karn to talk to Draupadi. When they arrived, they easily entered as Draupadi's servants.

The scene in front of them boiled their blood. Draupadi and Karn were sitting on couches. Karn was speaking softly to Draupadi who would reply or hum occasionally. Both were comfortable with each other. Karn's eyes were swimming with unconditional love for Draupadi.

"Yuvani, you all are here?" Draupadi asks noticing them.

"Maharani....we..." the scenario has dumbfounded Yudhisthir.

Pandavas couldn't believe Draupadi forgave Karn.

"Maharani....he..." Arjun tries to speak but he has lost his vocabulary. Arjun's mind rushed back to the fact that Karn could have won Draupadi's hand in her swayamvar.

Draupadi and Karn smiles at each other which added oil to the fire. Bheem himself was surprised at his level of patience today.

"Radhey, are you still firm on your decision?" Draupadi asks.

Karn touches her hand and smiles assuringly.

"Brihannala, ask my sons to be here," Draupadi says.

Arjun like a robot went to find his sons.

Karn was waiting anxiously. Nervousness clear on his posture. He hasn't forgotten the fire on her sons eyes that day. Upapandavas are the future of Aryavarta. Specially they are Yagnaseni's children.

Six sons of Draupadi enters and stands far eyeing him.

"Putra, I shall appoint Radhey Karn as my commander of Cheif," Draupadi says.

Pandavas heart beat anxiously in fear as they looks at Draupadi in disbelief. Draupadi's sons didn't say anything at first. A silent communication went through them. Before coming here their Mamashree had a brief conversation regarding this issue.

Prativindhya came in front of Karn first. Then surprising everyone he bent down to take Karn's blessings. Draupadi smiles. Karn almost jumped as a Ksatriya bent down to take his, a Sutaputra's blessings. Following their Jyest, others also bent down and touched his feet.

"Bless us, Maharathi. May we also turn out as powerful and strong warriors as you," Prativindhya spoke.

Karn was dumbfounded and looked at Draupadi who nodded at him smiling. Karn pulled them up and embraced them tightly to his chest.

"Radhey, this is Prativindhya, Yudhisthir's...." Draupadi was about to introduce.

"Maa we are only your sons. You are both our father and mother," Prativindhya interrupts.

Draupadi had a pained look for some moment which Karn notices.

"He is Prativindhya my eldest son, this is Sutasoma, then my third son Satanika, then my fourth son Shrutasena. Then my youngest sons Shrutkarma and Abhimanyu," Draupadi introduces.

"Shrutkarma doesn't need introduction, Draupadi," Karn smiles as he ruffles Shrutkarma's head affectionately.

Shrutkarma pouts unknowingly. All these time people feared him as he looks like Arjun. This is the first time he is being treated like a child.

"Becareful of this trio, Radhey. They are the reason of me getting old so soon," Draupadi points at Satanika, Shrutakarma and Abhimanyu.

Karn let out a hearty laugh.

Pandavas were standing as if they don't have any nerve anymore. Arjun and Nakul couldn't believe their ears. King and Queen have different wings and they both had their own Cheif of commanders. Arjun and Nakul served the Queen's wing means Draupadi. Whereas Bheem and Sahadev served Yudhisthir.