Chapter 52 : A Brother's Rage

"Maharani," maids bursts into Draupadi's chamber.

Draupadi, Kunti and Hidimba were discussing. Upon Draupadi's request, Kunti has decided to stay in Devapath for the next three years.

"What happened?" Draupadi asks.

"Your brother Dhrishtadyumna and...and... Gandhivdhari Arjun..." they couldn't finish the sentence.

Draupadi looked at them confused. Her father, mother, brother and sister had an urgent work so they left right after Prativindhya and Sutasoma's marriage. They promised to come to Devapath as soon as possible. What happened as soon as they came?

"Maharani... please come quickly..."

The ring bell on Draupadi's mind. Dhrishtadyumna promised to punish Pandavas the next time they meet.

"Oh no..." Draupadi ran outside.

It didn't take her long to arrive. Dhrishtadyumna had hold Arjun by his throat. Arjun didn't fight back at all. His veins popped by the chocking.

Dhrishtadyumna finally had enough and draw his sword.

"Bhrata," Draupadi screamed in panic and stood in front of Arjun.

"Bhrata, what are you doing? He is my husband," Draupadi holds the end of the sword tightly.

"Draupadi, I am not in mood of your games. He along with his brothers will die by my hands today," Dhrishtadyumna screamed in rage.

"Bhrata, don't say it. How can you think of harming you sister's husbands? No bhrata, as long as I am alive, no one will harm them," Draupadi said determined.

Dhrishtadyumna tried to draw his sword back from Draupadi's clutch but no luck. She was holding the sword tightly.

"Why are you standing like Statues? Why didn't you help your brother?" Draupadi yells at other Pandavas.

They didn't answer her only lowered their head.

Upon getting the news, Krishna and Karn rushed there along with other family members.

"Draupadi, leave," Dhrishtadyumna growls.

"No, you will not harm them," Draupadi hold the sword more tightly.

"Dhrishtadyumna, calm down," Krishna rushes inside.

"Vasudev leave. Today in front of this brother, no one will stand. I will punish everyone who insulted my sister," Dhrishtadyumna screams.

"Sons of Dhritrastra wornged your sister. You are pointing your sword at an innocent," Bhism interferes worried seeing Dhrishtadyumna in so much rage.

"Not a word from you, Bhism. You stood silent again when another woman was insulted," Shikhandini growls.

"They? Innocent? Don't you know Bhism that your beloved grandsons were involved in this scheme? They conspired to humiliate my sister too," Dhrishtadyumna yells.

"Never. My sons will never do it. They love Putri Draupadi," Kunti protest.

Dhrishtadyumna laughs like a maniac, "Love my sister? They don't even know what love is. They aren't even worthy to be loved. See, they even hid this from you. The truth why my sister was so vulnerable."

Kunti looks at Draupadi who looks down. She turns to Subhadra. Subhadra came in Devapath with Dao. She looks down as well.

"Subhadra, what happened? What are they saying?" Kunti asks.

Bhism also looks confused. Draupadi cursed in her mind. Siyaanshi and Maya are also here. Her whole family is here. She didn't want this to happen this way.