Chapter 29 : Yudhisthir's Realization

Yudhisthir is sitting in the dark. Years old memories surfacing again. Th day he saw he first....

"Mata, you know there is a Princess in Panchal born from fire. She is called the most beautiful woman to walk on earth!" Nakul's excited voice maid Yudhisthir look at him.

It's been only a few days that they returned from their gurukul. Still everything is new to them. They didn't had a lot of time in Hastinapur before going anyway.

"Nakul, you just came back and already looking for princess? Did you forget Jyest will get married first," Sahadev says.

"It's not about marriage, Jyest. Can we go and see her?" a childlike excitement came into Nakul.

"Jyest, I can totally see Nakul in prison of Panchal for demanding to see the most treasured princess. Nakul, that fire born Princess is guarded more than anyone in Aryavarta. Besides I think her groom is already chosen," Sahadev says.

"Who?" Yudhisthir didn't miss the disappointment in Nakul's voice.

"Dwarkadhesh Vasudev Krishna was invited in Panchal a few days ago by Maharaj Draupad himself. It's clear as day that he will marry her unless the princess wants otherwise," Sahadev shrugged his shoulders.

Yudhisthir thought he was mistaken but Sahadev also had a lost expression while saying that.

Unknowingly Yudhisthir felt a pang in his chest thinking about a certain fireborn's marriage.

Nakul was way too interested in this princess. He would keep tabs about her everyday. And Yudhisthir though played indifference, he was more than excited to know about her. Her charisma allured him. Panchal is extremely protective of their princess. So it was impossible to know more about her. But all the stories about her made him so pinned to a certain fireborn.

Yudhisthir is very keen man. In a short time he noticed how every of his brothers took interest on that princess. Even Bheem would be eager to listen about her. Arjun was always present when they talked about her. His eyes said he is listening very carefully.

Later after the Varnavarta incident, one day Ved Vyasa came to them. From them they learnt that Draupadi's swayamvar is held.

Ved Vyasa disclosed a very interesting fact that day. The fire born Princess is born to marry Arjun. Yudhisthir was amazed to see Arjun's face lit up. From the moment Arjun has heard about that fire born Princess, he stays lost in her thoughts. He would smile unknowingly. Yudhisthir was amused to see Arjun blush furiously.

Ved Vyasa asked them to attend Draupadi's swayamvar. Yudhisthir feels guilty to say that but the whole night he spend being restless. Ved Vyasa described Draupadi's beauty. He tried to imagine her every time but failed miserably.

They were too restless. So they went without informing their maa about it. They just wanted a glimpse of Draupadi. Upon arriving, they were surprised to see such grand arrangements in Panchal. Without a doubt this is the most magnificent swayamvar of the era. Pandavas stood with the Brahmin's who came as Maharaj Draupad is giving anyone who comes immense gold.

"Jyest, that's my Madhav," Arjun points at Vasudev sitting beside Maharaj Draupad.

Yudhisthir was amazed seeing Vasudev. He has a certain divinity about him. This thoughts broke as arrival of Yagnaseni Draupadi was announced.

The whole arena was filled with blue lotus's intoxicating fragnance. Yudhisthir's heart thumped as he felt butterflies in his stomach. Why is he feeling like this? This is adharm. She is destined for Arjun. She will be his younger sister in law equal to his daughter.