Chapter 66 : The Grand Proposal

The next morning, Draupadi frowns seeing so many guards at their door.

"What is happening?" Draupadi asks her husbands.

"Apparently Panchali, Duryodhana wants to meet you with a proposal," Bheem grits his teeth.

"I see. Then I must prepare for so many guests," saying that Draupadi went inside to cook.

Pandavas were baffled seeing Draupadi so relaxed. But Nakul wasn't. He won't have that Duryodhana as his sons father in law at any case. He rushed inside his brothers following him.

"Panchali," he hold Draupadi by her shoulders.

"Panchali, please. Don't accept this. I can't accept that wretched Duryodhana as my sons father in law," Nakul requests.

Draupadi affectionately touched his cheeks and looks at others, "Do you all have the same request?"

They all nod their heads in agreement.

"Read this letter," Draupadi hands Nakul a letter.

"Karn wrote it to you," Bheem frowns.

Pranipath Yagnaseni,

As much of a serious matter it is, I am laughing while writing this. I told your sons about Duryodhana's proposal. First of all hats off to you for handling Satanika and Shrutakarma all these years. Your Jiji Hidimba is going crazy and I am also no good. Did you know they stole my Vijaya some days ago? I am torn between wanting to punish them and admire them for being so sneaky. This is definitely Keshav's influence. Krishna would be so happy knowing that his nephews has successfully followed his path.

Anyway I told them about the marriage proposal. Satanika almost fainted. Don't worry he is fine now. But I need to inform you that this marriage can't take place under any circumstances. Putri Lakshmana tied Rakhi on all of them. Satanika has promised to not remove it until Lakshmana gets married.

As per my information, Duryodhana is soon going to come to you with a proposal. Handle the rest as you seem fit.

Radhey Karn.

Nakul and Arjun almost danced in pride. Their sons deeds are making them proud nonstop.

"Now are you five okay?" Draupadi asks taking back the letter.

"Thank God, Panchali. I was so worried," Yudhisthir sighs in relief.

"Guests are God. Now let me prepare food for everyone," Draupadi resumed her work.

Pandavas looked at each other relieved. No way this marriage will take place now.

Draupadi rolls her eyes seeing the arrangements. So many jeweleries and golds. What is he doing? She shakes her head disappointed. What a foolish man to try to bribe her with gold and jewels.

Duryodhana, Shakuni, Dussasan came to her.

"Pranipath Samragni," they joined their hands.

"Pranipath," Draupadi's voice was cold.

Bheem glares at Dussasan with all the hatred he could master. Dussasan pulling Draupadi by her hair in the Sabha, him trying to disorbe her flashed before his eyes.

"You and your people have came across a long distance. Let us serve you with due respect," Draupadi says.

Duryodhana, Dussasan and Shakuni went in the hut while all the people that came with them were seated outside.