Chapter 61: Her Care

Draupadi hurried inside when she heard Vrishaketu' cries.

"Putra, why are you crying...."

She found Nakul trying to calm him down making faces but failing immensely. She almost laughed at his attempts. All his life he and Sahadev were treated like babies by their elder three brothers and are spoiled rotten by them. Nakul himself is still very childlike and speaks whatever is in his mind without thinking much. Satanika got this from him.

"Arya, you are scaring him. Let me..." Draupadi picks up Vrishaketu in her arms and he immediately stops.

"Why are you crying and scaring your uncle?" Draupadi asks in a baby voice.

Vrishaketu made attempts to tell her the reason. Nakul was looking very scary with all those untamed long hair and beards. Draupadi understood it and even Nakul did.

He gave her an embarrassed smile. He doesn't want her to see him like this. When he looks every bit of a cave man.

"I understand. I will stay away," Nakul sighs and was about to leave the hut.

Draupadi holds his hand stopping him from leaving.

"Arya, come with me for sometime," Draupadi says.

Nakul became excited like a child. Draupadi never asks anything from them at all. And now she hold his hand herself and is asking him for something. Of course he will do as she asks.

Draupadi calmed down Vrishaketu and he began to play on her lap. Draupadi went out the hut and made Nakul sit on a wodden seat as she sat behind him.

Nakul sat between her legs dumbfounded. What is happening? Draupadi handed Vrishaketu to his arms who is playing with a flower Draupadi gave him.

Draupadi slowly began to untangled his hair. Nakul became self conscious. She will be disgusted.

"It's okay, Panchali...I will do it..." Nakul says hurriedly.

"Let me, Arya. The beauty of your heart enchanted me long ago rather than your physical appearance," Draupadi's soft voice made him sit quietly.

Draupadi brushed his hair and cut the ends of it keeping them healthy. Then she began to massage his hair with oil. Nakul closed his eyes in cosiness. It felt heaven. She massaged his scalp gently making him sleepy. Nakul lays his head on her lap and closed his eyes. If the time stops now, it would be his best interest.

"Are you trying to make him look human from a Chimpanzee?" Bheem's teasing voice came to their ear.

He and Yudhisthir were out for some time.

"Bhrata, you are looking like a huge Chimpanzee not me," Nakul says.

Draupadi frowns as her gaze falls on her eldest husband. Yudhisthir looks different. His face is paler than usual as his steps were drowsy. He met her eyes and Draupadi was shocked to see his eyes dull. She knows that look.

"Aryaputra Yudhisthir, are you sick?" Draupadi frowns.

"Of course not, Panchali. Jyest is fine. He has been with me all day," Bheem answers before Yudhisthir.

Gently pushing aside Nakul, she rushed towards Yudhisthir. She isn't wrong.

"Arya," she touched his forehead and was shocked to see such high temperature.

As if Yudhisthir has been waiting for her touch, he slumped on her.

"Arya," Draupadi panicked.

Draupadi couldn't handle his weight and fall back but fortunately for her Bheem didn't let her.