Chapter 30 : Melody

Draupadi's melodious voice rang every corner of Devapath with the beautiful sound of Vina. Music is the way of expressing one self. And when Draupadi needs to express herself to lighten the weight of her heart, she sings.

Krishna was half laying on the soft mattress beside her. His eyes closed in bliss as a soft smile played on his lips. A divine glow coming from both of them.

Pandavas almost went to sleep as it was very late at night. But they heard the beautiful Melody.

They are very much familiar with this beautiful voice. After their marriage, upon their request Draupadi would often sing. And they would enjoy with utter happiness. Arjun was the first to broke his vows. Then others followed. Gradually she stopped singing no matter how much they requested. But she sang for her sakha always. Whenever Krishna requested, she never declined. Krishna enjoyed her divine voice singing to him.

Pandavas came one by one and stood near the shades.

Numerous times I had intended that ignoring myself
Disclose and offer my heart at your feet.
Express myself clutching your feet
How much I love you clandestinely.
I had thought of your greatness, being God in the Heaven,
How could I utter words of my love.
I had intended of disguising myself at a distance
Secretly worshiping as a recluse.
Concealed will be my profound love,
As cloaked will be my drops of tears.
Today when you ask me personally,
I wonder, how to express the extent of love that I have.

These words are expressing her unconditional and divine love for her sakha. Pandavas all these years tried to understand the love their beloved Panchali and their Madhav share. But they never could. Arjun can vouch that his Madhav loves his sakhi more than anyone in the world. When they asked Madhav about it, he smiles softly.

"Women love people in their life without any expectations, any hope. They give their everything to love one person. My sakhi's love is so pure and selfless that it makes me tongue tied,"

A divine glow was emitting from both of them. Pandavas tears knew no bounds. The wound of her heart is making them feel so weak. How did she tolerate this for years and managed to smile? Strongest warriors of Aryavarta understood even if they know how to tolerate and heal physical pain, they don't know how to deal with this emotional breakdown. Their Panchali has been strongest among them.

"Maa is singing again," Satanika stands beside them.

Pandavas turned towards their sons. All of them have woken up and are standing there.

"Maa is only like this when she is getting very sad again," Shrutkarma sighs looking at his mother. 

"Today morning, maa was looking at the seat beside her. Where Maharaj is supposed to sit. She must have missed Pitashree Yudhisthir," Sutasoma comments.

"Women are amazing. Even after all of this how can maa still love them?" Prativindhya says his voice deep with emotions.

Yudhisthir gritted his teeth to stop from bursting into tears in front of everyone.

"Maa still sometimes makes a plate for Pitashree Yudhisthir. When I ask her who it is for she comes back to her sense and says it's for me," Shrutasena says.

Pandavas looks at their Jyest who has his head lowered. His agony is felt by all of them.As the king and queen they spend most of their time together. Draupadi is Yudhisthir's right hand. They took every political decisions regarding their Indraprastha.