Chapter 40 : Two Marriages

"Mata,"

Hidimba turns around to see Sutasoma there.

"Come in, Putra," Hidimba lovingly calls him.

"Mata, I missed you so much," Sutasoma laid on her lap.

Hidimba caressed his hair softly. This child is like Bheem and not like him at the same time. He got Draupadi's solemness, her elegance. This child is really quite about his feelings exactly like Draupadi.

"Putra, aren't you tired with all the work? Let me massage your scalp. You will be relaxed," Hidimba poured all her motherly affection to her son.

Yes, Sutasoma is her son. She missed Ghatotkach's childhood. Draupadi knows how deeply she yearns for it. That's why she send Sutasoma to her. Sometimes for months or years when they were still in Indraprastha. Hidimba enjoyed Sutasoma's childhood more than Draupadi. Hidimba chuckles remembering it. That woman is weird. She gave Sutasoma to her. Which woman makes such sacrifice?

"Mata, you know growing up I always wanted to marry a woman like you," Sutasoma says.

His words caught Hidimba surprised, "Why Putra?"

"Because you are really strong Mata. Maa told me how you stood as a single queen for the entire Raksaash clan. Maa says she learnt a lot from you," Sutasoma says.

"It should be Draupadi to gain all the praises. She is a gem and you should be proud that you are her son," Hidimba says softly.

"I am also your son, maa," Sutasoma says.

"You are," Hidimba's eyes glisters with tears.

"Mata, maa said only if you permit, my marriage with Maya will take place," Sutasoma says.

"What?" Hidimba exclaims surprised.

"You are my Jyest Mata. Without you no major decisions of my life will be taken," Sutasoma says.

"I don't have any reason to believe that Maya is suitable for you. What's special about her? You are the second eldest after Prativindhya. The crown prince of Devapath. You are Bheemsen's son, you have inherited his sheer strength. Why should you marry a woman with no extraordinary quality?" Hidimba asks.

Sutasoma listens silently.

"Mata, she is special to me. A lot," Sutasoma whispers.

"How so?" Hidimba frowns.

"She is like you maa. I find my both mother in her," Sutasoma says.

Hidimba was stunned for some time.

"What?" she asks.

"She is a one woman army like you two,  Mata. She is the second eldest. People always expected her to follow her elder sister's shadow. But she is different. Bhabishree Siyaanshi is compassionate whereas Maya is logical. She listens to her mind before her heart. She doesn't ever fails to stand against the wrongs of society like maa.  And Mata, she gets angry very easily like you as well," Sutasoma says.

"I get angry easily?" Hidimba pulls Sutasoma's ear.

"Ouch...ouch...Mata..." Sutasoma cries.

"Do you really love her?" Hidimba asks letting his ear go.

Sutasoma blushed a bit then nodded.

"Then...let's go to her and ask that," Hidimba pulls out Sutasoma before he could even comprehend what's going on.

Draupadi was walking in circles. It's been so long Sutasoma has went to Hidimba's chamber. What's going on? Did he fail? She came out of her chamber only to find Sutasoma being dragged by Hidimba. She followed them panicked.