Chapter 43 : Arjun Gets Cursed

Karn was asked to be in Krishna's chamber and he didn't waste time to rush inside. Upon entering, he saw Hidimba and Mata Kunti sitting. They were too stunned to even react. Upapandavas were shocked as well and in another corner, Pandavas were standing their heads lowered.

"What is happening?" Karn asks Prativindhya.

"Tatshree, we were betrayed yet again by our own fathers. The loyal officers who served us are no one but respected Pandavas," Prativindhya answers trying his hardest to be calm.

"Where's Draupadi?" Karn asks.

"Maa found them out. She is in her chamber and we are too scared to go to her," Satanika says.

Karn touches his heart. After the bond, he can feel Draupadi's emotions and she can feel his. What he can feel now is such a huge turmoil in her heart.

"Jyest, please. It's been enough. Please tell me what's wrong? What did our fathers do that we don't even talk with them? It's not a sin for them to be present at their own sons marriage," Abhimanyu steps in.

"Abhi, shut up when elders are talking. You don't know anything," Sutasoma says angrily.

"Then tell me Jyest Bharat. Why don't I have a father when my father is alive," Abhimanyu screams frustrated.

"Abhimanyu, not now...." Shrutasena says.

"It's the time. I am no longer a child. Tell me," Abhimanyu was too stubborn to listen.

Finally Shrutkarma lost his patience. He yanked Abhimanyu holding his Angavastra almost raising him off his feet.

"You want to know why we don't live with our fathers? Well, here's it. Our fathers bet on our mother in dyut like an object. She was abused. She was dragged by her hair. She was disorbed in Hastinapur Sabha Infront of hundred of men. And you know what? She was carrying you that time. She almost died protecting you. And this is how you repay her, you ungrateful child!" Shrutkarma pushed Abhimanyu on the floor.

Rather than the pain, Abhimanyu was still processing his brother's words. What is he saying? How can this happen?

"You are lying, right? Maa loves them. And she....no...it never happened," Abhimanyu shakes his head.

"Well, Dharmraj himself is present here. Why don't you ask him?" Satanika yells.

Abhimanyu stood up. His whole body shaking. He stood Infront of Yudhisthir.

"Jyest Pitashree...it isn't true right? You will never stake on our Maa, right?" he asks is shaky voice.

Yudhisthir didn't answer but his tears gave Abhimanyu his answers. Abhimanyu stepped back looking at them in disbelief. He looks at Arjun.

"Pitashree, this isn't true right? You were present and you protected maa, right?" Abhimanyu asks his father.

Arjun also couldn't answer. They know their children will ask them these questions one day. But they didn't know it will be so hard to face them.

"You got your answers, haven't you Abhi? Now I will also want to ask why nobel Pandavas are living this way with us?" Shrutkarma looks at them.

"Karma, he is your father and you won't talk with them this way. None of you will. Don't make me more disappointed than I already am with your behavior," Karn's voice was stern and left no room to argue.

For some reason it irritated Pandavas even more. They are abiding by Karn's orders?

Karn looks at Krishna, "Draupadi...what did she say?"