Chapter 117 : Daughters

All guests are bound to leave from today. Everyone was amused seeing Draupadi so strict and caring towards the hospitality of the king and queen of Videhi. At first it seemed natural because they are in laws of the eldest two princes.

But as time passes, everyone took notice how grandly they were treated by Samragni Draupadi.herself. Samragni herself stands up and makes Maharani Sonakshi sit on her throne. That level of respect and that too from the male side family is never seen.

"I insist again, you two could have stayed longer," Draupadi says at the front gate of Devapath. She came to see off the in laws of her family.

"Samragni, we really can't. My kingdom can't stay without rulers more than this," Maharaj Rajveer says.

"Besides Maharani, you have truly satisfied us with your hospitality. This feels like our own home now. You don't need to request us to stay us for more. I promise you, we will visit as soon as we can," Maharani Sonakshi smiles.

"Your humbleness have mesmorized us, Samragni. My daughters are so fortunate to be your daughter in laws," Rajveer says looking affectionately at his daughters who stands beside their husbands.

"What are you saying Maharaj? What humbleness? When we raise a lamb, our heart trembles in time to give it away. You gave me your precious daughters. To continue my blood line. I shouldn't even meet your eyes. My head should always bow is gratefulness towards you two,"

Not only the king and queen of Videhi but also other kings and queens present there were truly stunned at her words. What beautiful words! In a few sentences she raised the honor and value of her daughter in laws beyond measure.

"Maybe this is the first marriage in Aryavarta where we gave our daughters in a family not in laws house," Maharani Sonakshi wipes her eyes.

Prativindhya and Sutasoma takes the blessings of their in laws and stays until their carriage starts.

Draupadi is resting in her chambers. Her feet are swollen because of running from one place to another to bid farewell to her guests. She lays there her eyes closed. Priyamvada is pressing her feet sitting on the foot of her bed.

Draupadi was deep in her slumber. The door cracks open. Priyamvada looks alert. As the person enters, she immediately lowers her gaze and joins her hands. She stands up and distances herself from the bed.

She was going to greet but Yudhisthira gestures her not to talk.

He immediately sits on the bed taking her feet on his lap. He hisses seeing how swollen her feet are.

Priyamvada getting the que, leaves the chamber not making a sound.

Yudhisthira caresses her feet. Taking the hot towel he presses them. He looks at his beloved wife's face. She seemed so relieved sleeping peacefully. His lips ultimately curves up a smile. As he kept looking at her moon like face, peace and calmness spreads all over his body. How is it possible that whenever he sees her, his heart becomes as calm as a fountain?

He massages her feet with care. His mind goes back to their earlier days. Just by meeting his eyes, she would shy away lowering her gaze. And sometimes she won't be able to look away from him. She would keep looking with such overflowing love, he would shy away lowering his gaze.

After he returned from Rajsabha, she was always ready with warm food and refreshing drinks. She won't take a morsel until he finishes his meal and takes a nap. There were so many days he woke up his feet on her lap. She would doze off while pressing his legs. He carried her to bed, in his arms then both slept again.

While she was due with Prativindhya, she didn't like being apart from him at all. So many days Bheem had to do all work alone while Yudhisthira attended to their wife. He would comply all her wishes, go with all her mood swings and cravings.