Chapter 18 : An Embarrassing Encounter

Arjun is looking at her closely. He thanked Madhav in his mind for making them come here as eunuchs. Otherwise they would never be allowed to be this close to Panchali.

Draupadi was sleeping on the half of her bed and in the other half were scrolls and documents some moments ago which Arjun cleaned up. Now he is laying on the other side facing his wife.

How can someone be this unearthly beautiful! Draupadi haven't aged a day. She doesn't look like she is the mother of 7 children at all. But if anyone looks at her eyes they will see those beautiful blue orbs are filled with wisdom, knowledge, years of experience. Their sons must have done some really good deed in their past life to get her as their mother. A few strand of hair fall on her face making her twitch in annoyance. Arjun suppressed his laughter. At her swayamvar, he imagined these beautiful bluish black hair that are like a beautiful waterfall on his face. He wanted to bury himself in the curtain of her hair. Such divity they have! Even the warrior Princess Shikhandini who has no attraction to any earthy material, fights with maids to comb these hair of hers.

Her such large lotus petal eyes are famous all over Aryavarta. They are as soft as a raindrop on a petal but at times they are so intense that even made him stutter. Arjun chuckled. In Aryavarta her eyes are praised to be sharper than Karn Arjun's arrows.

Her unbelievable red lips that puts rose buds in shame are pouted like a child as she sleeps. Her body is so luscious that anyone will lose their mind. Arjun knew how he controlled himself on the years of their marriage. Not only him he knew his brothers also suffered being away from her when it wasn't their year. It was so hard yo be around her that time. But she was with them all the time. She would have physical relationship with one but stay with the others and take care of them like a mother.

Sahadev will often say he finds Mata Madri in her. As Mata Kunti told Draupadi numerous time to take care of Sahadev the most.

Arjun sighed. It was always deep in his heart. Whom does Draupadi love the most? He always felt it's his Jyest. His Jyest and Panchali are rarely not with each other. Then he felt it was his Bhrata Bheem. All the things they have learned in Devapath totally proves her favoritism towards bhrata Bheem. Then again comes Nakul. For scolding him, Arjun got into several fights with Draupadi. She never tolerated anyone saying any bad things at Nakul. She was ready to sit with servants with Nakul in Dyut Sabha. Then lastly Sahadev, whom she undoubtedly pampers the most. Sahadev would proudly say he never heard no from her to him. Arjun wonders what's his position in her life then? He has nothing to boast like others do. She divided herself to his brothers so passionately but where is his place? Why she wasn't like this with him as well?

Arjun shook his head. He has no right to say anything anymore. After what happened he has no right to claim her love. He has no right to demand her affection.

Arjun's eyes becomes moist. What did he ever do to suffer this much? First he had to share her. Then he had to watch while others claim rights on her. Then he tolerated separation from her for 12 years. Then finally at Dyut Sabha, he lost her completely. Not only her, he lost his sons as well. He filnched recalling how much their own sons hate them.

Draupadi twitched in her sleep as her hair stand is tickling her. Totally besotted by her cuteness Arjun softly tugged them behind her ear pecking her lips gently.

"Arjun," Draupadi whispers in her sleep.

Arjun froze in his place. His eyes windened. Did she wake up? He looked at her afraid she did. But Draupadi was deep in her sleep. Arjun sighed in relief. He looked at her smiling. Did she unconsciously felt his presence?

"Arjun, don't go," Draupadi snuggled to his chest.

Arjun's heart skipped a beat. Why is she telling him not to go? Does she still want him as much as he does?