Chapter 53 : Vanvas

The next morning, everyone gathered at the front gate of Devapath to bade them farewell. Pandavas were waiting for their wife eagerly.

"Arya," Draupadi came.

But seeing her husbands, her gaze fall at their feet. They didn't have any sandals. Draupadi was wearing a plain one. She removes them that instant.

"Putri, I know I shouldn't be saying this to you after all of this. But a mother's heart doesn't listen to logic. I request you please take care of my Sahadev," Kunti requests.

"Bua, this is partiality. Look how your other sons are looking at you. They also love my sakhi very much," Krishna tries to lighten the mood.

"Mata, Arya Sahadev and his brothers will not face any difficulties in this three years I promise you. I will return your sons to you in proper care," Draupadi promises.

"I wish you were born as my sister, Draupadi. I would have never let you go then," Balram says his voice filled with sadness when Draupadi touche dhis feets.

"Dao, you can't tolerate one Krishna, you want two of us?" Draupadi raises her eyebrows teasingly.

Balram cups her face lovingly, "In next life may you take birth as my sister."

Everyone chuckles.

"No dao, I don't want to be your sister. If I become your sister, you and Govind will protect me. I want to be born as My sakha's companion so that I can help him with his goal in every birth," Draupadi whispers only Balram and Krishna heard him.

Draupadi then stood Infront of Subhadra. Last night she had a huge argument with Hidimba about her.

"Draupadi, you are out of your mind," Hidimba throws her hands up.

"Jiji, it's a good decision, trust me," Draupadi argues.

"Giving Subhadra Abhimanyu? Abhimanyu is your soul. You love him more than all your sons. You are handing him to Subhadra?" Hidimba asks again.

"Yes, Jiji. For Abhimanyu to finish his training, he has to go to Dwarka. And my Abhimanyu will be all alone," Draupadi says.

"There's Rukmini and Satyabhama and the others. They love you like their own sister. They will never let Abhimanyu feel your emptiness," Hidimba tries to reason.

"I know Jiji. But I want to hand Abhimanyu to a mother. My Subhadra will love him like her own. I have seen how she looks at him. Eyes filled with longing and love. I know Abhimanyu will find me in her," Draupadi says.

"Subhadra doesn't have any children that isn't your fault. You don't need to give your son to her. Especially Abhimanyu," Hidimba didn't give up.

Abhimanyu's innocent heart has everyone loving him endlessly.

"Jiji, Pitashree used a trick to handle us when Bharta Dhrishtadyumna and I used to fight. He would give Bhrata responsibilities on me and would tell him that he is elder so I am his responsibility. That worked like magic. When given responsibilities, one changes. And I will give this chance to Subhadra," Draupadi says.

"Bhadra," Subhadra looks up hearing Draupadi's soft voice.

Draupadi hold her hand and motioned Abhimanyu to come near her.

"I never left my Abhi alone, Subhadra. He is the apple of eyes. And today I am entrusting not my son but your son to you. I know when I came back, your son will also make me proud," Draupadi says.

People were shocked will be an underestimate but they didn't know what to think. This level of kindness. They didn't know whether to call Draupadi a fool or the bigger person. Subhadra didn't even understood what happened for some time. But then her eyes teared up as she broke into sobs. She fall on Draupadi's feet.