Chapter 32 : Uncertainty

"But Maa what are you going to tell them now?" Shrutkarma asks.

Draupadi smiles softly at Yuvani.

"Yuvani, write what I tell you," Draupadi commands.

Yudhisthir sits to write the reply to Videhiraj. Draupadi began-

Maharani of Devapath says her greetings to Videhiraj and Maharani. We pray a long and prosperous future for Videhi, the holy kingdom where Mata Sita was born.

The invitation of swayamvar is a great honor for Devapath and we are very pleased to know that Videhiraj thinks so highly of my sons.

Unfortunately my eldest son Prativindhya, Sutasoma and Satanika have gone into an expedition with their Mamashree Krishna. As the elder princes aren't present, I can't send my younger sons in the swayamvar before them. Though, if they are expending around Videhi, they have my permission and blessings to attend the swayamvar of your eldest Daughter Siyaanshi.

I also pray a long and happy life for the bride to be.

Yagnaseni Draupadi

"Done, Maharani," Yudhisthir says.

"Send this to Videhi then," Draupadi says.

"Maa, didn't you want Rajkumari Siyaanshi for Jyest bhrata?" Shrutkarma asks confused.

"Putra, if something is meant to happen, it will happen despite I want it or not. If Siyaanshi is the right choice for my Prativindhya, she will be married to him against all odds. I shall test it this time," Draupadi smiles at her son.

"Maa, have you done all your works today?" Shrutkarma whines.

"Why? Does the Rajkumar requires his old mother for something?" Draupadi teases.

Shrutkarma sits on the floor laying his head on his mother's lap. Draupadi began to caress his long curly hair.

"I almost had a heart attack seeing Karma with Panchali. I still can't get used to him looking exactly like Bhrata Arjun," Sahadev who came to the chamber just now whispers to Yudhisthir.

"If Arjun wasn't in a eunuchs dress up, I would have confused father and son all the time," Bheem whispers back.

Arjun stood there with a proud look on his face. Shrutkarma looks exactly like him as if his carbon copy.

"Maa," Shrutakarma closes his eyes in comfort.

"What is it, Putra?" Draupadi asks.

"Maa, I miss dadishree. Can you invite her in Devapath?" Shrutkarma asks.

"Of course, Putra. Your dadishree will be so happy to spend time with you all as well," Draupadi says.

"Maa, how would have dadashree reacted if he saw us?" Shrutkarma asks.

"He would be disappointed but happy," Draupadi answers.

"Disappointed? On us?" Shrutkarma asks in shock.

"No, he would be so proud and happy for you all. But disappointed with his sons," Draupadi's voice lacked emotions.

"Putra, before you all returned, did Mahadev said anything out of ordinary to you all?" Draupadi asks.

"Yes, maa. But it wasn't an advice or something. Mahadev just shared a memory," Shrutakarma answers.

"What was it Putra?" Draupadi asks.

"Mahadev said we remind him of himself and Ganesh. Even after the father killed his son, their relationship only became stronger," Shrutakarma frowns.

Draupadi became silent. Mahadev gives straight answers. She understood very well what he meant. She felt a lot happier.