Chapter 99 : Only Death Awaits him

Arjun flexed his muscles to make Draupadi laugh. Draupadi was looking at a place blankly. Arjun furrows his brows. What happened?

"Priye," Arjun raises her head with her chin

"What's wrong, beloved? What's troubling you?" Arjun asks softly.

Draupadi lowers her head to avoid his eyes, "Nothing."

"If we were ordinary husband and wife you could have fooled me with this reply. But people who share souls knows what's in the heart," he touched her heart pulling her in his arm.

"Let me carry your pain, Priye. What has happened?" Arjun asks softly.

Draupadi keeps looking down. 10 days left. She can't tell about this to him now. She can avoid Keechak a free more days. Besides will it matter to him?

Arjun and his brothers were silent in her division. They were silent when Dussasan was disorbing her. What will they do now? A fear of uncertainty bubbled in her heart. She is already broken and can't move on. If they turn away from her again in time of need, it will destroy her.

Draupadi shakes her head, "Nothing, Arjun."

Arjun furrows his eyebrows. She is horrible at lying she knows it but still. Arjun kept insisting but Draupadi kept mum about it. Not a word left her mouth. Sudeshna asks for her, she left quickly.

Bhanumati wipes her tears as she sits down like a corpse. She felt the worst among women. Draupadi was innocent. She did no wrong. But still what happened with her that day, Bhanumati feels cold sweat running down her spine just by imagining. Duryodhana didn't take any risks. She was send in Kashi, her birthplace when dyut happened.

Whatever she did trying to be a good wife, is simply so selfish and horrible. She used Dharma to do Adharm. Duryodhana was escastic about what she did. He praised her nonstop. Even her father in law and mother in law all were full of praises of her. But when Pitamah Bhism heard it, he was disappointed and angry beyond words.

"Using trickery to fool the righteous people. Indeed you are a worthy wife of Duryodhana,"

Those words stabbed her heart like a poisonous arrow. Karn doesn't even look at her, let alone talk to her. He used to treat her like an younger sister. She found the elder brothers she always wished to have in him. Their relationship was so pure. And now she lost it.

She moves to Gandhari's chamber.

"Come in, Putri. My beloved daughter," Gandhari calls her affectionately.

Bhanumati sighs. All these love only stings her. While she was having her lunch, the maids entered.

"Yuvrani, Yuvraj Duryodhana wants you to go to Indraprastha with Rajkumar Lakshman," a maid informs.

Bhanumati sighs, "Inform Arya I won't be going. Indraprastha isn't my home. That's not my place to be."

Before the maids could leave, Gandhari stops them, "Putri, why did you say that? You are the rightful queen of Indraprastha. Why are you saying that?"