Chapter 36 : Panchakanya

Early in the morning, Draupadi began her journey to Videhi. Videhi is not too far from Devapath so they are supposed to arrive before dusk.

Draupadi usually travelled through palaquin but after the dyut Sabha, she mostly rod the chariot. Abhimanyu sat in the chariot with her whereas others rode their horses beside them.

"Maa, we are going to tease Jyest so much," Shrutkarma grins.

"Of course we will. It's our foremost duty being brothers," Shrutasena smirks.

"Bhrata, how long will it take for us to reach?" Abhimanyu asks.

"We will arrive before dusk, Abhi. Why are you asking?" Shrutkarma asks.

"I want to meet my sister in law. I also miss Jyest so much. It's been months I saw him," Abhimanyu pouts.

"You will meet them soon dear," Draupadi lovingly caresses his head.

Pandavas were traveling behind. They also chose to ride horses. Memory of few days ago is still fresh in their mind and is making them quite emotional whenever they reacall it. Their eyes were filled with longings as they kept looking at Draupadi every chance they got.

"How grandly we would have celebrated if we were in Indraprastha, Jyest?" Arjun whispers.

"No doubt. After all Prativindhya is our eldest child," Nakul grins.

"I don't get one thing. Prativindhya is the one getting married. But Draupadi made preparations for two brides. Will Prativindhya marry two woman at once?" Bheem asks confused.

"Our sons will never take a second wife, bhrata," Sahadev says.

"Why do you think so, Sahadev?" Yudhisthir asks.

"After what happened to their mother. They will never allow any other woman than their wife beside them. Even Bhanu promised monogamy," Sahadev replies.

Their moods worsen suddenly. Betrayal from close person hurts the most. But they didn't feel any heartbreak over their wives leaving them from the beginning. Rather it was relief. Because after knowing all of those they can never accept them back. They feel sad of their children though. Their mothers have poisoned their minds with venom like their own. Whereas Draupadi raised her children with love and selflessness. Their children with their Panchali will surely leave their golden footprints in history. How good it would have been if other children were also raised by Panchali!

When they reached Videhi, Draupadi made the chariot stop.

"Radhey, me, Jiji and my sons will go to the Gauri temple first. Mata Sita used to pray there all time. You all go and rest. We will come shortly," Draupadi says.

Pandavas heart welled in pride. Draupadi's devotion and purity is very astonishing.

Draupadi, Hidimba and her three sons these five people moved towards the Gauri temple.

"Jyest, we should go now," Nakul says.

They were the first the reach. Videhi welcomed them cordially.

"Maharani didn't come?" Maharani Sunali asks in disappointment.

"Maharani said she will visit the Gauri temple first. Then she, Rani Hidimba and rest the princes will arrive," Karn explains.

Videhiraj took them to the wing they prepared for Draupadi and the princes.

"Bhrata," Sahadev whispers.

"What is it Sahadev?" Bheem asks.

"Bhrata, they also came to attend the wedding," Nakul says.

"Who?" Yudhisthir asks confused.