Chapter 80 : Self Blame

Draupadi is frowning looking at the water when she felt Yudhisthir softly kissing the back of her head.

"What's my beloved frowning about?" he asks.

"Aryaputra, I am worried," Draupadi leans in his embrace.

"What's it about?" Yudhisthir asks.

"Arya, our time for Agyatvas is coming near. I fear Duryodhana will try something so that he can extend our exile," Draupadi says.

Yudhisthir listens to her attentively, "You are right, priye. We must be careful."

"Why are you here? Your eldest is coming," Draupadi turns towards him.

"Only a month left before we go to Agyatvas. Jyest will stay with us for the time being. I have no hurry," Yudhisthir holds her tighter to his chest.

Draupadi almost smiled. Yudhisthir was never a person who expressed his emotions in front of other. So he is often portrayed as a man without emotions. Only she knows how much affectionate he can be. Only behind her closed chambers, he would open his heart to her. She would be hypnotized and crazily in love with him all the time. Like a young girl who giggles the moment her crush comes in front of her.

Her heart would pick up it's beat when their shoulders would brush while sitting in the Sabha. Or how she desperately wished to be near him all the time.

Now the table has turned. He doesn't lose a single chance to touch her. To express his love to her. He kisses her knuckles gently all the time or gently brushes his lips with hers.

"What are you thinking?" Draupadi's thought broke as Yudhisthir lightly brushed his fingers on her unblemish face.

"Nothing," Draupadi pecks his lips suddenly and lays her head on his chest.

Yudhisthir embraced her chuckling to himself. Her besotted gaze at him didn't go unnoticed by him.

They sat under the tree. Yudhisthir pulling Draupadi on his lap as she kept her eyes closed laying on his chest. Yudhisthir's heart bled seeing her palms. Those soft hands didn't know what hard work is. They are calloused for working so much. A woman who's body is untouched by even the winds, a woman who has lived in the most luxurious of palaces, is living in a small hut with them. Sleeping on mattress made of straw. Her body becomes red and sometimes she gets cut. And who is responsible for that?

Draupadi opened her eyes noticing Yudhisthir's strange breathing. She looks at him to find his eyes brimming with tears. Her face fell. What did she do now?

"Arya," she cupped his face.

"Arya, what's wrong?" Why those tears?" Draupadi pleads to know.

She never took the matter well when Yudhisthir is crying or him facing any discomfort.

"Priye, I have given you only pain after our marriage. Look at your hands, your feets. They never knew the hard ground or any hard task until now. I only wished to bring you happiness, joy. Why it never goes the way it's planned?" Yudhisthir whispers his voice breaking.

Draupadi's heart also pained. She cursed at herself in mind. It's true. Till now all her pains have been given to her by them only. Yudhisthir somehow plays the biggest role in it. But she is unable to hate him. Is this what love does? How can she still love him after all of this?

"You only gave me happiness, Arya. I am happiest when I am with you," Draupadi joins their forehead together.

"After everything how can you say that?" Yudhisthir whispers.

"I sometimes do think what would have happened if we didn't meet. Nothing of this would have happened. But then I look at my sons. Prativindhya's smile that claims he is your blood. Did you notice he reflects you in almost everything? When I see their faces, I feel everything was worth it. And,"