Chapter 106 : Her Return to Devapath

A day later Draupadi and her family arrive at Devapath. Krishna has accompanied them.

The entire city of Devapath didn't look any less than the court of Indra today. Every corner was decorated with flowers. People were celebrating on the streets. Young woman were dancing in rhythm, laughing in joy. As if Draupadi has came back with all the happiness of their heart with her.

"Karma, Satyanash! What's with all these preparations?" Draupadi raises her eyebrows.

"Mata, Didi has been preparing for years for your arrival," Maya says.

"Putri, you should have stopped Siyaanshi. Why did you let her prepare all these in this situation?" Draupadi says worriedly.

Maya gives her a guilty smile. On Draupadi's right stood Yudhisthir and other brothers. On her left as usual, her sakha and beside him her sons and daughter in law. Hidimba went back to her kingdom with Ghatotkach, Ahilawati and little Barbarika. With Duryodhana on their neck, it's dangerous to be away all of them together. Though Draupadi convinced Hidimba to return in a few days with Ahilawati and Barbarika because she wants to prepare a festival for the first grandchild of Pandavas generation.

As Shrutakarma and Sutasoma arrives, people of Devapath gathered to see the princes and their beloved Empress. Shrutakarma and Sutasoma were humble, kind, gentle and patient with every single one. None of them avoided the touch of the common people. They took their blessings and played with the children. Draupadi smiles seeing Shrutakarma guiding Vrishaketu to take blessings from an elderly woman.

"You have raised them with best morals, priye," Arjun says softly.

Draupadi smiles proudly. She also talked with the common people on her way who were fascinated to see her and talk to her.

As soon as they arrived at the front gate, the familiar faces make them smile immediately.

"Putri,"

Draupadi smiles fondly at her mother in laws fond way of addressing her. 

"Pranipath Mata," Draupadi and Pandavas touch Kunti's feet. Kunti blesses them and raises Draupadi. 

"My eyes didn't have any light all these years, putri. Let me look at you," Kunti smiled and cried all together in joy seeing Draupadi.

"Maharani Prishati, tell me what penance you did in your life to get her as your daughter. I shall do the same to attain her as my blood the next life," Kunti knows if her family is safe and happy, it's only because of Draupadi. She is the only reason her sons are together and alive today.

Maharani Prishati and Maharaj Draupad's lips curved into a smile secretly.

But Pandavas weren't very happy with what their mother said.

"Ram Ram Mata. Panchali hamari Patni Hein. Pehlese hi apki putrabadhu Hein. Aab aap use Apne Putri ke rup me Mang nehi sakti. Tanik hamare bare me bhi to sochiye. Mujhe Panchali ko Apne behen ke tup mein kadap bhi swikar nehi Hein," Sahadev gulps nervously.

(Ram Ram Mata. Panchali is our wife. She is your daughter in law to begin with. Now you can't pray to get her as your daughter anymore. Think of us for a second. I would never accept Panchali as my sister.)

"Satya Hein, Mata," Arjun supports him.

(It's true, Mata.)

Draupadi looks at the ground hiding her flushed face while everyone shares a good laugh. Her husbands shamelessness isn't reducing any sooner.

The entire morning went by them reuniting with their family. As if today is an occasion no less than Diwali. Pitamah Bhism, Bidhur, Vagwan Ved Vyasa and Dronacharya arrived not long after. Draupadi didn't even had the time to relax as she was embraced with Loving embraces from everyone.