ONE

My work is my work. No negative comments will be tolerated. I love those who love my work and hate those who insult it even in the slightest. Mean comments will be muted and the users will be blocked. I'm a nice person, but I can be a mean one too. Please respect yourself and leave silently if you find yourself uninterested in my story, there's no need for violence because if you decide to choose it, I will too.

Enjoy!
                               ~~~

  FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA PALESTINE WILL BE FREE 🥺🇵🇸♥️

                            #Freepalestine🇵🇸♥️

                                        ==

CHARLOTTE

🌼🌼🌼

" Honestly, you're giving me second thoughts about this. First you came late, you nearly knocked down my priceless vase and even tried to snatch my purse!" The woman scolded.

I lowered my head in embarrassment, taking it all like a good girl. Although I wanted to say something, defend myself against her accusations but I needed this job more than ever. Grandma's medicines have been taking up all my money and now, even my old job at the bakery couldn't do any help. I have to get this job.

Besides, what she was saying was partially true, I was too busy admiring the interior of the house that I didn't see the vase in front. I was quick enough to catch it before it fell to the ground. But I did not try to snatch her purse. I simply stared at it longer than I should have because it looked so... expensive. I wanted to ask why she would accuse me of such a thing but I kept my mouth shut.

" I'm sorry ma'am. I promise to be more cautious next time. " I sighed.

The woman studied me for a while, a mixture of disgust, displeasure and anger in her eyes. I hated it when people looked at me in any bad way and I so badly wanted to tell her how hideous her vase is.

Sure it probably costs more than my life but it was plain hideous.

" You just be glad that I don't have the strength to look for another nanny. But if you mess up one more time, I will not hesitate to send you out. " She glared daggers at me.

I sighed in relief. I got the job and I can finally help my dear grandmother. If she could speak she'd probably tell me how proud she is of me. I smiled brightly at the woman and thanked her.

" Elle will be coming back from school in less than an hour. You'll take care of her before either her father or I get back. Understood?" She quirked a perfectly carved brow. I nodded my head.

" What am I supposed to do before then?" I asked. The house was huge and everything about it screamed money.

When I approached the pearly white gates I actually thought it looked like the entrance to heaven itself. The house was a mixture of white, gold, and cream. Everywhere was spotless and...shiny. Needless to say this family was loaded. Which is exactly why I'm not surprised the child here needs a nanny.

The woman, Anastasia, stood up and flipped her golden locks behind her shoulder. She was gorgeous to say the least, but whenever she made that scowl her whole appearance changes. She really should stop.

" That's for you to decide. The maids will be doing their job. Try to sit in one place and not knock down any more of my thing. Or else you will pay." With that, she walked out of the mansion.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the leather couch. The house was so silent I probably could drop my hair pin and hear it fall onto the ground. There was nobody here and I wondered whether this family left their daughter alone like this everyday.

I heard my phone buzz in my pocket and smiled when I saw it was my boyfriend.

Where are you? - Dean

I texted him a quick reply before turning off my phone. I didn't have the strength to deal with him now even though that would be a great distraction. I didn't know when this girl would return and I wasn't sure I wanted to be all alone in such a place. It was beautiful but it sure was eerie.

I nearly squeaked when I heard the door being opened. In walked a little girl of about four to five years old. She had wavy blonde hair like her mother and hazel brown eyes. She looked around the house indifferently but stopped when she saw me.

Didn't her mother say she'd be at school a little longer?

It was at this moment that I realized that I never inquired about who I was going to look after. I thought I'd be taking care of a troublesome, 10year old boy or teenagers but I didn't expect it to be a child.

I stood up and approached the little girl. She was adorable. The girl stood still as I crouched down to her level. Her eyes remained on mine, studying me, perhaps even reading me.

" Hi, I'm Charlotte. But you can call me Lola. I'm your new nanny. What's your name?" I smiled. I already knew her name, I just wanted her to talk to me. Her silence was making me oddly uncomfortable.

" Danny."

Her voice was so soft I barely caught it. She definitely wasn't a talker and it was clear she was just as uncomfortable as I was.

" Hi Danny. Are you hungry? Your mother said there's some yoghurt and cookies in the fridge just for you." I smiled.

The girl pursed her lips and a frown etched itself onto her face. She was honestly adorable. She sighed and took of her pink schoolbag before heading towards the kitchen. I followed her and took out the snacks her mother instructed me to give her, before placing it on the table for Danny.

Danny quietly ate the cookies, that indifferent expression returning to her face as she ate. I leaned against the counter and studied her carefully. Why did she look so sad? Did something happen at school?

I was about to ask when she lifted a cookie towards me.

" Have it." She offered. I smiled and took it from her. I didn't want to take it but I thought it was progress. I needed to get her to like me.

" Won't you have your yoghurt?" I asked when I noticed she wasn't even looking at the cup. I frowned when the girl flinched.

" You don't like the yogurt?" I tried to take it away. Danny shook her head.

" Mommy wants me to have it." Was all she said before chugging it down. Reluctantly, might I add.

Danny dropped her plate in the sink and turned to me. She pondered over something before finally speaking.

" Sleep?" She asked. It took a few seconds before I realized she was telling me she wanted to sleep. I nodded and followed her to her room.

Danny didn't ask for assistance. She took out a new set of clothes from her closet, more comfortable than her school uniform and put them on. I helped her onto her bed and tucked her in. It was then I realized how exhausted she seemed. A part of me was convinced she was tired from school.

But that other part of me just knew...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~