NINE

CHARLOTTE

                              🌼🌼🌼

" Oh my god! What happened to you?" I dropped my purse in panic once I saw Dean's face.

He had a black eye and his skin was...red. It was like he had been spanked anywhere and everywhere. Dean groaned painfully, his hands reaching for me. He was lying on the couch, his head on the arms rest.

I hurried towards him and knelt down. Dean pulled my closer and I nearly hissed at how hot his body was. Was he sick?

" Dean? Are you okay? What happened? Was it the bar incident?" I whispered the last part as though someone would hear me.

Dean only held me tighter, his body trembling slightly as he did. I pulled back and stared into his dark orbs. Dean didn't look well at all and it only made me more anxious.

What about Skye?

" Is Skye hurt too?" I asked him.

Dean shook his head and muttered a pained ' no '. I sighed in relief at that. Skye came out of his room, a wet towel and bowl of water in her hands. She knelt beside me and proceeded to massage his body.

" What happened Skye?" I asked her. I didn't like how stiff she went after my question.

" I don't know, Charlotte. I don't want to talk about it either." She sighed.

This was one of the rare moments Skye was not in the mood. I didn't push her afterwards. I just watched as she dipped the towel into the water and began squeezing it.

" Lola?" Dean mumbled.

I snapped my head back to him.

" Do it for me instead?" He pouted.

I took the bowl from Skye and sat on the stool beside the couch. Skye said she was going to head home and I wished her a safe journey. She didn't seem herself and it only made me dread finding out what happened.

" I'm sorry you got so hurt,D. I should have stayed." I apologized, massaging his body with the cold towel.

" No you shouldn't have. It was dangerous. The owner of the club is a dangerous, cruel and  a pervert." Dean spat. It was obvious he didn't like the man.

" Do you need some drugs?" I asked him. Maybe his head was hurting. I could get some paracetamol for him.

Dean shook his head and sat up straight. He ran a hand through his damn hair and sighed.

" I messed up yesterday." He chuckled a bit. His skin was back to it's normal colour and he looked well again. That's a relief.

" No, you didn't. You were just trying to have some fun. That's all." I tried to defend him even though what they did was wrong. I knew it, but I just didn't like how the atmosphere had changed in here.

My home was rarely this tense and gloomy. Skye and Dean always made it fun. They would joke, quarrel, and do or say something that would make me burst out laughing. Today my apartment was off, and I hated it.

" You're right. How about we go out?" He gave me a boyish grin.

I quirked a brow at him. Minutes ago he was moaning in pain and now he's asking to go out? Where exactly?

" Like a date. It's been a while since we had some time alone don't you think?" Dean pushed.

" I don't know D. You weren't feeling so well moments ago." I said.

" Come on baby. We haven't gone on a date in ages. Please?" He gave me his best puppy dog eyes.

I rolled my eyes and sighed frustratedly. He can be so stubborn sometimes.

" Can't we go some other time?" I stood up. Dean shook his head and stood up as well.

He looked through my purse and searched for my car keys.

" Why do you take your keys when you don't even drive there?" He asked while dragging me out of the house.

" It's always in there." I shrugged.

I didn't like using my car. It was another thing my parents got for me for my 20th birthday. These days they've been trying to speak to me more than I was comfortable with. It was like they wanted me back with them and there's no way in hell I'm agreeing to that. Like this apartment, my car reminded me so much of their life choices and it wasn't something I liked to think about.

" Where are we going anyway?" I asked Dean as he helped me buckle my seatbelt. He was being so sweet right now I couldn't possibly stay mad at him.

" Depends, have you had dinner?" He started the car.

I shook my head. I left Danny's place a little after she fell asleep. Anastasia was still having tea with her guests so I grabbed my purse and headed back. I didn't think I'd meet Dean and Skye here so I had planned to change out of my dress and drive back to the bar.

" Ohk, let's go to Rita's. That woman had the best food." Dean moaned.

I giggled at his words and nodded. He was right. That old woman was the best at whatever she did. Her food was to die for and she was kind enough to even teach me a thing or two.

Rita and my grandmother were close so she visited us often. I had begged her to teach me how to bake and she was more than happy to. It was tough but I eventually got all of it right.

Dean pulled up in front of the restaurant and we got out. Rita was nowhere in sight but I understood. She always left early and right now it was quite dark outside. We got a table and Dean ordered something for us.

He was right. It had been so long since we had an actual date, mostly because Dean had been looking for a job and recently got one. He was working with Skye in a cafe and the pay was good. I, on the other hand , have been visiting my grandmother so often that sometimes I even slept at the hospital.

It felt great having some alone time and I was glad Dean wasn't already tired of me. We laughed and joked together, taking some pictures once in while. Dean said he wanted to savor this moment, whatever that meant, but I didn't complain. He was my boyfriend.

" So, not to ruin our date or anything, but...who exactly is the owner of that bar and what happened to you?" I asked. Dean paused a bit, dropping his forkful of pasta and sighed.

" Are you really that curious?" He pursed his lips.

" Yes." I didn't even hesitate to answer him. I wanted to know what happened that got him burning and his eye purple.

" I don't know who he is. He tried to hurt me but I put up a fight. I think it's safe to say we're never going to that bar again." Dean shrugged, as if we were talking about something casual.

My curiosity was still at its peak. I needed to know more, but neither Skye or Dean wanted to bring up the topic.

" What did he look like? The owner." I asked.

Dean shrugged, his brows furrowing slightly.

" I don't know...blonde hair,green eyes...green suit too. "

I choked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~