SIXTY-FOUR

Okay here's the thing with yesterday, I finished uploading. Went to the bathroom and decided to just lay down for a while before putting up my next chapter.

I swear I only closed my eyes for a second. A fucking second! But when I opened them, I was nearly blinded by the sun. I did NOT intend to sleep early yesterday so sorry to disappoint.

Anyway, enjoy this one.

                                    ~  ~ ~

CHARLOTTE

                                   🌼 🌼 🌼

" You need to calm down, fiore."

I stopped tapping my foot and turned to the man beside me incredulously. We've been driving for half an hour and there's still no sign of Danny. Matteo said that they've found them but I don't believe it.

" We're in the middle of no where," I told him, gesturing towards the endless trees and bushes through the window.

" We haven't seen Danny, and you're telling me to calm down? " I squinted my eyes at him.

Matteo chuckled, placing his left hand on my thigh and giving it a light squeeze. On normal circumstances I would have been red as a tomato.

But not today!

" I know what I'm doing." He spared me quick glanced before focusing back on the road.

Why on earth would Anastasia decide to take this route? There clearly isn't any airport nearby. Maybe she was just lying to me so I'd send Matteo to a wrong location or something.

" How are you so sure that you've caught her? What if she's already escaped? You're not driving fast enough." I clenched my fists, hoping to force my anxiety back down the pit of my stomach.

Matteo smiled.

" Danny is the daughter of a Don, Charlotte. Even when she's at home she's under strict surveillance. I have men follow her everywhere to make sure she's safe. Anna isn't the only one who wants to take my daughter away from me." He sighed.

I pursed my lips, slowly resting in my seat.

" How come you didn't know about Anastasia hitting Danny that one time then? How come they didn't try to stop her when she took Danny away?" I frowned.

" This wouldn't be the first time Anna's causing a scene so that explains why they didn't react quick enough. They followed behind immediately they caught on to what was happening. Which is why you don't need to worry. I've got it under control. My brother's there already." Matteo explained.

" But I'm sure you already know that my parents don't like Danny. So when Anna began complaining about my men following her about...they confronted me about it, arguing that my men had better things to do than babysit." His grip on the wheel tightened as he gritted out.

" Okay," I nodded.

" What are you going to do to Anna when you get there?" I asked.

Matteo stayed silent for a minute, rolling his lower lip in between his teeth as he thought over my question.

" I'm tempted to torture her," He answered truthfully.

" To make her beg for death..." He inhaled deeply before sighing loudly. I shuddered at how determined he sounded, graphic scenarios of a bloodied, barely recognizable Anastasia filling my head.

" But...."

" But?" I clutched onto my seatbelt, awaiting his answer.

" I know you don't want that. Danny wouldn't want that too. So I'm forced to take legal actions." He spat bitterly.

I placed my hand on his and sqeezed it gently.

" You have the upper hand here, Matt. Anastasia wouldn't gain custody even if she tried. Not after this stunt she pulled." I smiled.

" Yeah, well if things don't go my way I could always go with plan B." He nodded.

" What's plan B?" I asked curiously.

" My brother." He smirked.

Before I could ask for more details the car stopped and the sight in front of me had me breathless.

No wonder he was so calm.

Black cars, just like the one that had taken Dean away surrounded Anastasia and Danny. There were six or seven of them and nearly 20 men in black aiming a gun at Anastasia with two dead bodies on the by her feet.

I recognized them, they were the ones who tried to kill me before I locked myself in Matteo's office.

" Stay here, Amore." Matteo ordered before getting out the car.

" I-"

He was in front of the scene before I knew it, his own gun held firmly in his left hand. He said something to Anastasia but she only responded by pulling Danny to her side and pressing a gun at her temple.

Matteo stilled, and so did I.

There were so many words exchanged but I couldn't care less what they were saying. The petrified look on Danny's face broke my heart into a million pieces. She was sobbing in Anastasia's arms, her pleading eyes on Matteo.

Anastasia screamed something at Matteo, forcing him to raise his hands I surrender. The men surrounding her looked at their leader before dropping their guns to the ground also.

That can't be a good sign.

Anastasia smirked, spitting out something which I could understand as fuck you before harshly shoving Danny into her car.

Oh no, what do I do? Call the police?

But you don't know where we are. And what do the police asked questions? Like why Matteo had so many men with guns by his side?

" Think Charlotte...think." I began unbuckling my seatbelt.

But he said stay in here. What if something goes terribly wrong because of your intervention? He said he had it all under control.

I mentally cursed my inner voice, the anxiety killing me as I was forced to watch Matteo and Anastasia exchange words.

" Please do something." I clasped my hands together and prayed.

That's all I could do at this point. Maybe I should call the police. I was just about grabbing my phone when a booming sound startled me.

Anastasia froze and I watched confusedly as the men in black suits picked up their guns and got into their respective cars, disappearing into the forest like they were never there.

A young man with long dark hair and cold grey eyes appeared from behind Anastasia, mumbling something to Matteo before snatching her gun from her.

It was him...the man from the hospital.

I don't know how, but they were surrounded again, only this time it was the police.

Did I do that?

Mhmm...

This probably wasn't the time for sarcasm, but leave it to my inner voice to ruin moments. Anastasia began struggling and wailing as a middle-aged police officer handcuffed her.

She was dragged into a police car and kept screaming something at Matteo as he opened her car and lifted Danny into his car.

Matteo handed Danny to the grey eyes man who began walking towards me, leaving him to speak with one of the officers who was scribbling something down on a notepad.

I immediately opened the car door, jogging towards them as they approached me.

" Thank you." I whispered smiling as Danny quickly leaned into my embrace.

" Bullshit, " he scoffed.

" Talk to your friend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna's arrested.

What's going to happen to her?

What's Zaccaria on about?

Follow _ Vote _Comment.