THIRTY-EIGHT

No offense to strawberry ice cream lovers.

                            🌼 🌼 🌼

" So you're saying you like chocolate more than any flavour? You aren't even going to try any new ones?" Matteo's brows furrowed as he tried to understand my love for chocolate.

I took a spoonful of my ice cream and nodded. I didn't want Skye or Dean to walk in on Matteo and I together in my apartment, alone, not because I was scared, but because I wasn't ready to introduce him to anyone just yet.

I mean, what do I tell them? He's my boyfriend? I'm his mistress? He's saving Nanna's life and because of that he owns me? Skye wouldn't be able to grasp that and Dean wouldn't not ever understand.

So I decided we go to an ice cream parlour. Matteo insists it's a date and I'm tired of explaining it to him. Of course I changed out of my transparent shirt and shorts.

I was now wearing a purple, thigh-length dress with white dots all over and white,  knee high socks to go with it.

" At least I'm normal. Why are you having strawberry? That's disgusting!" I pointed towards him.

I honestly expected him to buy chocolate too but sadly, not everyone has great taste.

Matteo looked at his cup and shrugged.

" I don't really like ice cream. I just buy whatever Danny wants and take it. I don't even know why I bought two scoops in the first place." He plays with his ice cream.

A small smile curled my lips as I stared at the clueless man. He was just doing what his daughter wanted even if he wasn't sure what he felt about it.

" Have you tried chocolate yet?" I suggested, pointing towards my scoop of chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and sprinkles on top.

He shook his head and shrugged. This made me scowl. Maybe I would have felt better if he said he did and didn't like it. Again, not everyone has great taste, but he's never even tried it!

" Have mine." I shoved a spoonful into his mouth before he could protests.

Matteo mumbled something under his breath as he chewed the ice cream in his mouth.

Yes, people. He chewed it.

He licked the little on the corner of his lips and chuckled when he noticed me waiting for his reply ( im ) patiently.

" It's...good. a little bitter. But good." He said, returning to his strawberry ice cream.

" When we're done, you're going back home." I fully turned to the side, my feet hanging off the edge of the seat as I finished my chocolatey goodness with a scowl.

" I said it was good." He defended.

" Don't speak to me Matt." I shrugged off his hand from my shoulder.

" Alright, it was...better." He flashed a cheeky smile at me.

" It's the best. Now finish that up and go home. I'm going back home to get some sleep." I said, sliding off my seat and throwing the plastic cup and spoon in a bun nearby.

Matteo didn't finish his. He just took a few spoonfuls and left the remaining to melt on the table.

" You're wasting that. Go take it back." I frowned.

" But I don't like it." He mirrored my expression.

I walked back to the table and took the cup in my hands. The ice cream was still much, I didn't know what to do with it.