TWENTY-SEVEN

💖💮 EID MUBARAK, MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS 💖💮

                              🌼 🌼 🌼

I didn't want to think too much of what he said. He could have just meant that he said some equally harsh words to her which he'd apologize for later, but a part of me was annoyed with my naivety.

I pursed my lips and nodded, not wanting to know anymore about what happened between him and his wife.

" What are you thinking about? Your little boyfriend?" Matteo quirked a brow at me, dropping the empty bowl on the small table in front of him.

" No. Maybe." I shrugged, frowning at the mention of Dean.

I was still mad at him for his words ans didn't really want to talk about him right now. Especially with Matteo.

" He'll come back." Matteo leaned against the couch, crossing his legs once again.

" Are you trying to cheer me up?" I raised an amused brow. If anything I thought he'd be glad that Dean and I had a fight.

Matteo shrugged and looked ahead, an unreadable expression on his face.

" Depends. Do you want him to come back?" He looked at me.

I pondered over his words. I didn't want to see Dean right now, or tomorrow for that matter. But I didn't know whether I never wanted to see him again. Dean said some mean things to me but I knew I was to blame to a fault.

I was being distant. And it hurt him.

" I don't know. Maybe?" I rubbed my face tiredly.

Matteo chuckled lowly and mumbled something in Italian.

" You're so confused."

I tried to protest but didn't have a point. He was right. I am confused. I've been confused for a while now.

" I am."

" Let me make it worse for you then." He smirked.

" Have you ever had such an argument with your boyfriend?" He continued.

I was tempted to ignore him, but I just knew he was onto something and I wanted to know what.

" No." I replied.

Dean was who I believed to be the perfect boyfriend. He never argued with me, always made sure I was happy and comfortable, and was always so understanding. To top it all off, he was extremely handsome, in his own boyish way of course.

Sometimes I always felt like I was dreaming. Like I didn't deserve someone as great as him, but I never voiced it. I thought it was all in my head. He'd probably say that too.

" So your relationship with him is... perfect? No quarrels. Nothing?" Matteo's smirk grew wider.

I nodded my head silently.

" Do you know why it's like that?" He tilted his head to the side.

" I-"

" Daddy?"

Danny came from behind, her teddy held firmly in her right hand as she rubbed her eyes with her left. Matteo walked up to his daughter and lifted her in his arms.

" How are you, Amore?" He pecked her cheeks.

Danny mumbled a small 'okay' and laid her head on his shoulder as he walked back to the couch with her.

" How'd you sleep?" I asked her once she was sat beside me.

" Fine, thank you." She whispered.

" Do you need anything?" I patted her soft curls.

" Tv?" She asked quietly.

I took out the remote and switched on another kids channel for her to watch.

" This is terrible." I heard Matteo mumbled in annoyance.

" Deal with it." I replied.

Danny rested her head on my arm, a tired yawn escaping her mouth as she did. Her body was slightly cold, making me inwardly curse myself for leaving the window to my room open.

We continued to watch the TV in silence. Neither Matteo nor Danny uttered a word, and I wasn't really up for a conversation either.

Matteo was right. He did make things worse for me. Even Skye and I always argued in college and even now. Dean and I however, had never had a single argument, not even a minor one. It was strange really, and quite confusing.

He was always the one who came back. The one who would apologize first even when he did something so small that wasn't even worth a second thought.

He was always so anxious when he did something wrong. Like he was afraid that I'd get angry with him or leave him.

I always thought it was weird but brushed it off as him just being cute. But now that Matteo said something about it, I could only wonder...

Why?

" Lola? Are you alright?" Matteo raised a brow, a smug look plastered on his annoyingly handsome face. Danny was also looking at me questioningly.

Did I miss something?

I shook my head and forced a small smile at Danny.

" I'm fine. Just... thinking."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~