SIXTY-SIX

🌼 🌼 🌼

" In my defense, I did all the work. There's no need to be so mad, fiore." Matteo raised his hands in surrender as I shot him a nasty glare.

" He's your brother! I didn't even thank him for what he did for me." I gritted.

" What he did? I had to bribe him! " Matteo exclaimed.

" He still did it." I huffed, turning around so he couldn't see my face again.

" Alright fine. I'll thank him for you, just stop ignoring me." He sighed.

" No. I want to thank him myself." I demanded.

Matteo chuckled behind me.

" My brother isn't that kind of person Amore. If anything he'd have my head for making you thank him. He doesn't really like that kind of stuff. He knows you're grateful, plus, he loves your grandmother too."

I turned around, letting my arms fall to the side.

" Really?"

" Yes, now please speak to me. You didn't even congratulate me when I came in." He pointed out, as he pulled me into his arms.

" You adopted Danny, huh?" I smiled.

" Mhm, now no one can tell me she isn't my daughter." He grinned proudly.

I pursed my lips and nodded.

" What about your parents?" I asked.

" What did they have to say about it?" I tilted my head so I'd meet his gaze.

" Oh, they were furious." He pecked my nose.

" But they'll just have to deal with it." He held me tighter.

" Okay, what about Danny's biological father? Did you find him? Was he present at court? What does he look like?" I asked.

" I did find him. But the court agreed he wasn't fit to take care of her, beside the fact that he didn't even want her. "

" What do you mean?" I frowned.

" I mean the man wasn't physically fit to take car of her. He's in the hospital as we speak, couldn't even make it to court." Matteo tsked, feigning sympathy.

I smacked his chest.

" You don't even feel a thing." I accused.

He grinned cheekily, scooping me up in his arms and heading towards my bedroom.

" Oh come on fiore, I'm not that heartless." He laughed.

I yelped when he threw me onto the bed, falling on top of me soon after.

" How long will Anastasia be in prison?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Matteo pecked my lips.

" I don't know, 10...9...12 years...I couldn't be bothered to listen."

" Do you think Danny will miss her?" I mumbled.

" Yes. Danny loves her mother, and I'm very sure when she grows up she's going to want to meet her at least once. But she's not stupid, that's all she's going to do. " Matteo shrugged.

" Will you allow that?" I ran my fingers through his soft blonde locks.

Matteo caressed my cheek and smiled.

" Depends, what would you do if I refused?"

I felt my cheeks heat up. He just insinuated that he intended on being with me for that long.

" I'd let her go. Of course you'd have to go with her."

" Why would I need to go?" He frowned.

" Because you were once a family. Not a very happy one but a family nonetheless. Maybe she'd feel remorseful after spending so long in prison. She'd want to apologize." I shrugged.

Anastasia was going to have a lot of time to reflect on her actions. Hopefully she'd feel bad and regret them.

" Oh please," He scoffed.

I pulled him closer and pecked his cheek.

" If she truly regrets her actions, she deserves forgiveness." I told him.

Matteo studied me for a brief moment, a loud groaned leaving his lips as he rolled his eyes.

" You're too good for me." He stated, resting his face on my stomach.

" You're too bad for me too, but we made it work." I giggled, playing with his hair.

" Mhmm," He hummed, sending vibrations throughout my body.

" Just wake me when it's time to pick Danny up from school. I'm exhausted." He mumbled.

I hummed in agreement, my hand traveling further into his hair as he fell asleep on my stomach.

" Okay."

                                     ~ ~ ~

" Fiore?" Matteo called, looking through peephole.

" Hm?" I lifted my head to look at him.

" You only have one friend, right?" He asked.

Okay, Ouch.

" I have loads of friends," I scoffed.

" You just don't know them." I huffed.

" Right..." He trailed off, obvious disbelief coating his tone.

" Well the woman outside doesn't look like someone you'd befriend. More like...an aunt or your mother's friend. She looks familiar though. " He shrugged.

I perked up at his words, laying Danny's sleeping figure on the couch before making my way towards the door.

" You know you won't make it, Hun." Matteo shook his head sympathetically as I tried to reach the peephole.

" Just...lift me." I scoffed.

Matteo grinned before wrapping a strong arm around me. He lifted me up slightly so I was able to look through the tiny hole on my door.

" Shoes." I mumbled under my breath.

" Huh?" Matteo put me down.

" Who's waiting for you outside? Is it a stranger? Do I need to get my gun?" He frowned.

I inhaled deeply and shook my head as the rage began building up in me.

" Who is it, fiore?" Matteo asked, a look of genuine concern taking over his features.

" My mother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some nerve you've got there, Mrs Jones.

Follow _ Vote _ Comment.