SIXTY-THREE

Okay guys, I really appreciate the comments in the last chapter and you're absolutely right.

Love ya!

                                ~ ~ ~

MATTEO

                               🌼 🌼 🌼

" I have wonderful news." Zac slammed a file on my table.

I pursed my lips, eyeing him sceptically before letting my eyes skim through the words on it.

Nathaniel Banning, was the name in bold. Apparently he's a 30year old man who comes from a rich family. Both parents are dead so all the wealth was transferred to him. He's an amateur actor who was once banned from an industry because of an outburst while live on show.

Low-lives, Anna's type of people.

" You did this yourself?" I asked, staring at the small picture of the brunette at the top corner of the file.

" What do you think?" Zac scoffed.

" He and Anna met at a big party. They fucked and when Anna told him she was pregnant, the motherfucker ran off. She didn't have a choice,so she pinned it on you." Zac explained.

And that's the best mistake Anna had ever made.

" Why is he back then? Why does he want Danny back when he ran away at first?"  I gritted.

" He doesn't." Zac sat back in his seat.

" Excuse me?"

" He doesn't want Danny. He's met Danny a few times though, but he doesn't want her. He doesn't like her." He sighed, biting his lips.

" He met Danny? When?" I clenched dmy fists.

That bitch.

" Look, I didn't bother finding out. What matters is that he doesn't want Danny. That whore is trying to force her onto him, and he doesn't like it. I asked him myself." Zac raised his hands in surrender.

" You asked him?" I couldn't hide the smile that was threatening to show.

" Mhmm." Zac nodded, staring at the cieling with a small smirk.

" Tell me, Zaccaria. How bad is the damage?" I smiled.

" How bad do you think? He might be able to use his eyes for a couple of weeks."

" Might?" I snorted.

Zac pursed his lips, looking thoughtful for a second.

" Hopefully."

I threw my head back and laughed. Zac doesn't know it, but I love him so fucking much.

" Thank you." I smiled.

" Don't thank me. How's my niece doing?" He asked.

I sighed, falling back into my chair before replying.

" She's with Charlotte. "

" At your place?" Zac squinted his eyes at me.

" When I left them, yes. But I told to leave. I can't risk Anastasia coming back to do something stupid." I told him.

" Call her." Zac frowned.

" Who?"

" Your woman. Call her now and ask her where they are." Zac bit the inside of his cheek.

I felt my heart quicken at his words. I didn't like that look on his face, not one bit. I reached into my suit pocket and pulled out my phone, dialing Charlotte's number.

" Put it on speaker." He ordered.

I did as he told, listening carefully as the phone rang but no one answered. I called again.

" Hello, my darling. Funny thing is that I was just thinking about you."  Anastasia cooed through the other end.

I nodded towards Zac, my grip on the phone tightening as he left my office.

" Where are they? " I snapped.

" Who? The only person that's yours is that slut and she's fine. Hopefully not for long though. But in case you mean MY daughter, she's getting ready for her little trip. Far. Away. From you."

And then she hung up. She fucking hung up on me.

At this moment I didn't know whether to be mad or happy. It was like she had completely forgotten who she was married to.

Because this slut just gave me a reason to fucking end her.

                                ~ ~ ~

My eyes searched the building for any sign of Danny or Charlotte, but the silence in there was too deafening to ignore. I searched through the rooms, hoping I'd find anyone but there was nothing.

Unless Anna had been stalking me or Lola, I don't think she knows where Lola lives. But then there was still a high chance she might have gotten to them there.

" Charlotte?" I half-whispered.

I searched through Danny's room, her bathroom, and even my room. There was no one inside.

Maybe Anna met them at Charlotte's. I rushed towards the stairs hoping to get to my car fast enough to at least find Charlotte before something happened to her but then it stopped me;

The soft whimpers leaving my office door.

I paused, listening carefully so see whether it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me. But it came again. I pulled out a gun from my pants pocket and twisted the knob.

It was locked.

I twisted the knob again, with force this time but it wouldn't budge. The whimpering had quietened and everything seemed to have stilled.

" Charlotte? Open the door. It's okay." I stepped away, aiming my gun at the door, just in case.

I heard shuffling before the door swung open and Charlotte threw herself into my arms, deja vu hitting me hard.

" They- They took her away Matt, " She cried.

" D-Danny was crying. I-I couldn't do anything. I-I tried to- " She paused, taking a deep breath.

" They're t-taking her away." She hiccuped.

" I know, Amore. I'm dealing with it. Just tell me where you think they're going. My men lost them." I rubbed her back soothingly.

" I don't know. She's taking Danny out of the country f-for now." Charlotte sniffed, pulling away slowly.

I wiped her tears and smiled.

" Why are you smiling? Danny's been taken away- we have to-"

" I've got it under control, my love. Didn't I tell you that day?" I reminded.

" I like it when they run."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-parenting is NOT an option.

Double update, anyone?

Follow _Vote_Comment