SIXTY-EIGHT

🌼 🌼 🌼

It's been nearly a month and things have been going wonderfully. Everything felt so right and I was honestly beginning to feel very paranoid. Last time I thought things were great Anastasia practically kidnapped Danny and nearly killed her. I was so anxious as to what would go wrong this time.

Yesterday Matteo got an important call and decided to head back to his mansion. He hasn't picked up my calls or replied my messages so that's also spiked my anxiety.

Danny and I decided to visit him and he's been locked up in his office since then. I think something's really wrong.

" What are you thinking about, fiore?"

Speaking of the devil....

Matteo came from behind, grabbing the knife and chopping board from my hands.

" Nothing." I lied.

" Really, because you've been chopping on air the whole time and the onion is still in the sink." He pointed out.

My cheeks heated up in embarrassment as I realized he was indeed right.

" What are you thinking about?" He smiled.

" You." I told him.

His brows pinched together and he rolled his lip between his teeth, avoiding my gaze. This had me very worried.

" What have you been thinking about?" He asked slowly.

" Well, you-"

A knock on the door interrupted me. I flashed Matteo an apologetic smile before heading towards the door.

A tall, light-skinned man stood in front of me. His medium length dreads framing his face nicely while the rest were styled in a neat bun. His pretty golden eyes bore into mine as a quizzical expression took over his features.

" What's taking you so l-" Matteo came from behind me, his grin falling as soon as they made eye contact.

" Lola! Close the door, now!" He gritted but the man had already welcomed himself in.

" I'm not here to see you. " He scoffed.

Matteo rolled his eyes, gesturing for me to come over go his side. I did as told gasping when a young boy walked in.

He stood beside the man in dreads, masking the his quizzical look when his golden eyes met me.

He must be his son.

" Well, hello there my prince." Matteo crouched down as the boy jogged over to him.

" Hi, uncle Matt. Where's Danny?" He grinned cheekily.

Uncle?

Before Matteo could reply Danny ran down the stairs and threw herself into the stranger's arms. The man finally grinned.

" Alex!!" She squeaked in excitement.

" And how is my principessa doing?" He lifted her in his arms and twirled her around, eliciting loud giggles from Danny.

" I'm fine." Danny grinned as he dropped her down.

She jogged her way up to the dark haired boy and held his hand.

" Who are you?" The little tilted his head to the size, his eyes never leaving mine.

" I'm -"

" That's my best friend, Damien. My second best friend, after you. Her name is Lola." Danny explained, dragging him towards me.

" So this is the boy you were telling me about? Hello, Damien." I waved at him.

Damien's eyes studied me for a moment before he waved back.

" Let's go play." Damien's eyes lit up as he dragged Danny outside.

" Be careful!" Matteo and...Alex yelled after the kids.

Alex's eyes returned to mine, and I felt the anxiousness from earlier bubble within.

" Stop looking at my woman like that." Matteo spat.

" Oh please, " Alexander scoffed, making his way to the living room couch and sitting on it.

" I was wondering how you were able to find someone that fast. Tell me, how's Anna doing?" He quirked a brow.

" Hopefully rotting in prison. What's it to you?" Matteo huffed.

" I was going to invite you to Damien's party next week. But he wanted to see Danny earlier."  Alexander shrugged.

" Well, You didn't need to come." Matteo rolled his eyes.

" I know. But I'm tired of getting under my wife's skin. She's no fun. So I decided to try you. You haven't exactly called in a while." Alexander replied.

" I've been ...busy." Matteo's hold on me tightened.

Alexander chuckled, his eyes meeting mine again.

" I see that. You should fall in love more, you're literally glowing."

I chuckled at his words.

" Fuck you ." Matteo scoffed.

" As much as I'd love to bicker with you, I'm a man. And men, don't bicker. I've seen alot of things, Matteo. Things you wouldn't want to see. Like my wife's rage. You know how it is, don't you."

Now it was Matteo's turn to laugh.

" You're the one who's stressing her. " He defended with a small smile.

" Hey." Alexander glared at him.

" I didn't come here to listen to you defend her. I came, for a much needed nap."

He patted the couch and stood up, heading up the stairs.

" What? She sent you out of the house?" Matteo joked.

Alexander shot him a nasty glare but continued heading upstairs.

" Yes. Yes she did."

And with that, he was gone.

" Is he really serious? Can his wife do that?" I pointed up the stairs.

Matteo chuckled and nodded.

" She's something else. Trust me."

" Oh." Was all I could say.

" Is this the Alexander you told me about?" I couldn't help but ask.

Matteo gave me a tight smile but nodded anyway.

" Where is his wife then? I'd like...to see her." I admitted.

I wanted to see the woman Matteo had once loved. To see if maybe he still had feelings for her. I wanted to see if I could even be compared to her.

Matteo opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it as his eyes trailed behind me. His breath hitched as his eyes went wide.

I hesitantly followed his line of sight, and there she was.

He didn't need to tell me.

I just knew it was her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh God, guys!

It's Alexander and Olivia!

I thought it was necessary to bring them back. It was honestly exciting, you know, bringing the characters from my previous book here.

Alex has changed quite alot. So I guess it's safe to say Olivia has been doing well with him.

Follow _Vote_Comment