TWENTY-FOUR

🌼 🌼 🌼

A complete sweetheart.

I didn't know why or what exactly I had done to deserve such treatment, but I wasn't going to complain. Ever.

Dean handed me a bowl of ice cream sundae after covering it with a thick layer of chocolate chips. Just how I loved it. He switched in some romantic movie that I didn't bother getting the name and cuddled up next to me.

I had a long day with Danny and Matteo and was honestly exhausted. But Dean was in the mood to treat me well and the least I could do was not ruin it for him.

He was right, we haven't been spending too much time together and I felt so guilty for it. He was just trying to be a good boyfriend.

" I love you." I moaned as I took a spoonful of my plain chocolate ice cream.

Dean chuckled and pecked my cheeks, before getting under the blanket with me.

It wasn't too cold today, but ever since that mean storm a few days ago it's been a little chilly.

" I love you more, baby." He smiled, grabbing his own bowl and helping himself to some of his strawberry flavored ice cream.

Dean and I were different in so many ways. Our likes and dislikes contrasted greatly but we still made it work. He didn't mind and I didn't give it much thought. It was just a simple bridge we needed to cross.

We watched the movie in silence, cuddled up to each other with her free hands entwined underneath the blanket. I was half asleep with my head laying on Dean's shoulder when he spoke.

" So..uh..How have you and Skylar been?" He glanced at me.

I blinked my eyes a bit, hoping to get the sleep out of my system a bit longer.

" You know she hates that name." I gave him a pointed look.

Dean chuckled and shrugged.

" We're fine. Why do you ask?" I sat back, facing him.

" I don't know. Haven't you noticed we aren't getting along like we used to? She's acting weird." Dean mumbled.

" You never get along. At least...since we graduated." I teased.

Dean and Skye got along pretty well when we were still in college. They spent so much time together that I thought they were the ones in love. It later turned out that they were scheming ways to get naive little me and him together.

Since then, they'd always bicker like siblings.

" Seriously, Lottie. She's acting weird." Dean looked at me seriously.

I shrugged in response. It wasn't my place to tell him about her problems. Skye really hasn't been the same since her while pregnancy stuff but I blame it on the mood swings. She said the guy accepted her, but now it's like she doesn't even exist anymore.

" Maybe you said something that hurt her. You know I don't like interfering with anything that has to do with you two. "

Dean stretched his arm over my the couch and began playing with my curls. It was something he liked to do whenever he was thinking and I happened to be around. He said it helped him think more comfortably.

Whatever the fudge that meant.

" I'd never." He said smugly.

I smacked his chest and turned back to the television, thanking God when I saw it was over.

" Well, bed time." I stretched out, nearly hitting Dean on the nose.

" You going to work tomorrow?" Dean looked up at me.

" It's Wednesday. Of course I'm going. I told you it's an everyday job. No breaks until I'm given one." I wagged a finger at him.

Dean wrapped his finger around mine and pulled me into his laps.

" Can't you call in sick? I did." Be kisses my hands, giving me the best puppy dog eyes he could muster.

" That doesn't work on me. You know that." I closed my eyes shut.

" Besides, I've gotten pretty close to little Danny. If I don't go, she'll be upset and her parents would kill me." I half lied.

Dean scoffed, a scowl taking over his features.

" So basically we won't see each other so much." He said bluntly.

" What do you mean?" I frowned.

" Skye hasn't been coming to work lately and my boss wanted her to go supervise his new cafe downtown while he's away." Dean sighed.

" So?"

" So, since she's not around anymore I'll have to go there. Which means I'll be gone for three weeks without you." Dean explained.

" Do you get a raise?" I pondered.

" Yeah?"

" That's great! You may finally be able to buy that car you've always wanted. " I jumped on his laps, excitedly.

Dean held me in place, his expression not nearly as happy as mine.

" That doesn't matter. I'm going to be away from you.  You're not supposed to be this happy." Dean pouted.

" Oh come on, D. This is progress for you. I'm sad that you will be away for some time but I'm more happy that you get a raise and can finally buy the things you want. Three weeks isn't so bad."  I cupped his face.

" It'll be over before you know it." With a peck on his cheek, I got up and began clearing the centre table.

" When are you leaving anyway?" I asked, as I made my way to the kitchen.

" Tomorrow night." He answered blatantly.

He wasn't happy with my reaction at all but I couldn't help myself. He was too focused on our relationship that he never thought about himself. He always put me first and I hated seeing him be so selfless.

Dean didn't say word afterwards. I cleaned the living room and with the rest of the strength I had today, I dragged him towards his room in order to cheer him up.

We only had tonight together and I knew Dean would want to make the most of it. I just hoped I wouldn't fall asleep in the process.

I don't know what's wrong with me but these days I've been sleeping so much it's gotten me worried.

When did I become like this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~