TEN

🌼 🌼 🌼

I didn't know why, but multiple chills kept running down my spine at his description. It was him. The man who was staring at me yesterday. He was the owner of that bar. He was the one who hurt Dean and most importantly, he saw me.

It wasn't too cold today, but the mere mention of him had me shivering. What if the man tried to come after me too. What of he was looking for me? He could be watching me right now.

I wanted to laugh at my paranoia but I couldn't help it. I clutched onto my glass of water and looked around the restaurant. Everyone and everything seemed normal. People were eating, laughing, kissing and whatnot.

" Are you alright? " Dean raised a brow. He handed me a napkin since I had wet myself with the water I was choking on.

" Yeah, I'm fine. You were saying?" I waved him off, trying to act as though I wasn't bothered by what he said.

Dean pursed his lips and nodded. We continued to eat in silence, at least Dean did. I wasn't in the mood to eat anymore. I just wanted to go home and hide under my covers. I wished I didn't agree to sneak into that bar. I wished I had said no to them. I wished that I left when I saw that man staring. But I didn't.

I did all those things and now I'm feeling paranoid. I couldn't imagine what that man would do to me if we ever crossed paths. Would he punish me the way he did Dean? Would he make me pay some fine? Would he jail me?

I shook my head at the last part. I can't go to jail. Grandmother always said I'm too cute for trouble. I hated when she said that. But now I think she's right. There are big people in jail...and they could all sorts to tiny little me.

" Are you eating that?" Dean pointed at my lasagna with his fork.

I shook my head and pushed the plate towards him. Dean leaned over and kissed my forehead before gobbling it all down. He didn't even waste a minute. He was doen before I knew it.

Dean signalled for the waiter and handed him some money. He then grabbed my hand and led me towards the car outside.

" You're acting weird. So much for a romantic dinner." He rolled his eyes.

" I'm sorry D. I'm just suddenly not feeling well." I told him, feeling genuinely guilty that I had ruined our date.

Dean sighed, opening the door for me and closing it when I got in. He got into the driver's seat and started the engine, driving us back to the apartment.

" Cuddles?" He suggested.

I gave him a small smile and nodded. I wasn't particularly in the mood. I just wanted to be on my bed and sleep but if Dean wanted to, we could cuddle. Maybe I'll forget about that man too.

We arrived in no time. Dean dragged me upstairs and waited for me to change into something more comfortable.

" This is the third time this week, Lola. Buy your own." He groaned when I came out in yet another one of his shirts.

I giggled as he threw me onto the bed, getting under the covers with me.

" I will." I lied.

Dean snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He rested his chin on my head and sighed.

" Shut up, you liar." He mumbled.

I could hear light snores escaping his lips immediately after he said that. I didn't blame him. He must have been so exhausted after everything, he deserved the rest. I tilted my head a bit and kissed his neck.

In response, Dean's hold on me tightened and he pulled me closer. Mumbling a soft ' goodnight ', I closed my eyes and succumbed to the comfortable darkness engulfing me.

                                    ~ ~ ~

Danny wasn't going to be at home today. She had a playdate with her best friend which meant I wouldn't get to see her today. I was sad, but also glad that I could spend the day with my boyfriend.

Skye had been acting so weird since yesterday and she hasn't been answering my calls. Dean also hasn't been speaking with her. I didn't understand what was going on but I didn't want to push it.

Dean and Skye always had these kind of fights and I was always stuck in the middle. It's pointless trying to get them back because they were both so stubborn. They would argue for God knows what, give each other the silent treatment, and after a while, get together like nothing happened.

I hated that about them. It was so exhausting for me because they'd both ask me to do something and expect me to take sides. Skye is my best friend. She's been with me since college, she'd had my back when no one except grandma did. She took care of me, visited my grandmother in the hospital with me...she is the sister I never had.

Dean was more or less the same. He was one of the most gorgeous guys in our department. Everyone wanted him. His only problem was that he didn't really take school seriously. He had average scores and at some point, he stopped trying.

I was that naive girl who was just too simple. I misunderstood his flirting and winks and just though he wanted to be close friends. I asked me to tutor him and I agreed. Skye got the hint, she told me about his interest in me and I started developing feelings for him, that is, after avoiding him for a whole month.

Dean was just like Skye afterwards. He's also my best friend. So when the both of them want to put me in their mess, they'd ask me to do things with them at the same time and see who I'd pick.

Today I wasn't having it. I got up early, switched off my phone and decided to go for a walk in the park. It was nice outside and it helped me forget about Danny for a little while.

It wasn't until drops of rain started falling that I decided to go back. I really wasn't looking forward to having my bushy hair wet today. Even as I did so, I couldn't help but feel paranoid though.

There were people all around, everyone was hurrying to shelter themselves from the rain, but I could still feel it. I couldn't tell if it was my imagination or not. But I was sure.

Something... someone was following me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~