FORTY-NINE

MATTEO

                              🌼 🌼 🌼

The beaming smile on Theo's face told me all, it was successful. He adjusted his coat and approached me with an outstretched hand.

" The transplant was successful sir. Patricia is fine and will be out in a few weeks." He shook my hand firmly.

" Why can't she leave as soon as possible?" I tried to keep a straight face. I still didn't like this man, he had something for my flower and the fact that she was comfortable with him made me see him as my enemy.

" I'm afraid that won't be possible, Sir. The reason being should any complications arise,she needs to be near the hospital to allow close monitoring. Hopefully nothing of that sort will happen." He explained shoving his hand back into his pocket.

I nodded with pursed lips, my heart was racing and pounding in my chest and the urge to smile was strong, but I didn't want him to know how pleased I was with him. I'm not even going to praise him.

" And my brother? Is he alright?" I asked, remembering my promise.

Theo nodded and led me towards a new hospital room where my brother was. I noticed Zac laying on the bed and staring at the ceiling with a mean scowl. He was wearing a hospital gown with a blanket over his legs.

" What are you scowling at?" I grabbed his attention as I sat on the plastic chair beside his bed.

Mumbling a small 'thank you ' to Theo, I told him I'd meet him in his office later on so he'd leave.

" I'm never going to like this place." He spat.

I let out a sigh and dropped my hands to my sides. Of course he hated the hospital he'd spent half a year in one five years ago and I'm pretty sure that was an experience he'd never forget even if he wanted to. That subject was always so sour for him so I always avoided it.

Even I didn't like talking about it as I had my own problems.

" Well, if it makes you happy I'm buying two motorcycles for you." I placed a hand on his shoulder.

" Patricia is fine and Charlotte will be mine all thanks to you, brother mine." I grinned.

Zac's eyes landed on me, his brow quirked and his lips pursed into a thin line.

" What?" I frowned.

" You like that girl too much." He stated.

" That's.... true." I furrowed my brows in agreement. There was no hiding it, I did like Charlotte.

I bribed my brother into donating his bone marrow to her grandmother just so I could get her to be mine. I didn't feel that whipped though, Zac still would have agree to be the donor for Patricia because we loved her.

But still...

" That's sad, Matteo. Really sad." He shook his head lightly.

" You were the one who told me to make her mine. Plus, Danny loves her." I defended.

Zac scoffed, but I could see the tiniest trace of a smile tickle his lips.

" Yeah, the little angel deserves someone better. But you're still sad...and infatuated." He pointed out.

" Infatu- you don't even know what that word means!" I crossed my arms and scowled.

Zac wasn't too good at English. He always preferred conversing in Italian and even opted to live on his own in Italy. I didn't allow it of course, he's my brother and at that moment he wasn't in the right state of mind.

He was angry, depressed and wanted to get revenge on those who wronged him. Our parents.

I didn't want him to get into trouble immediately after leaving a state of coma, he wasn't strong enough yet and our parents would end him without giving it another thought. They always thought he was too rebellious and wanted him out of the picture.

So I told him to stick with me and forced him to learn. He already knew a bit, but it wasn't enough and I'm pretty sure he didn't know the meaning of what he said.

I'm not infatuated with Charlotte.

Sure I loved her scent, her skin was so creamy and smooth and her dark eyes were gorgeous. Her hair was what I liked about her the most. It was like a mane on her small head ; soft, silky and smelled divine.

Her lips were just a different story; small pink, plump and sweet. I could kiss her forever and still never get enough....

" What are you thinking about?" Zac's face contorted into disgust as he shifted away slightly.

I cleared my throat and shrugged.

" Doesn't matter."

" Well if you must know I've been...mingling." Zac shrugged.

I began sensing something was off. Zac was always secretive, but not to me. He could try I always knew when he was trying to hide something from me. I didn't know how but I just could and this man was pretty damn good at hiding things.

" With who?" I squinted my eyes at him. His eyebrows furrowed but his gaze remained fixated on me, acting as if it was nothing.

" My life isn't your business." He stated, but it was more like he was trying to avoid the topic.

He probably was.

" What have you done, Zaccaria?" I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed.

" Make this easier for both of us. I don't want to start snooping around when I know you value your privacy." I told him.

Zac grumbled lowly and rested his head back on the soft pillow behind him.

" What are you afraid of? I'm not going to tell anyone. Is it that chocolate haired waiter? He's cute." I frowned with a shrug.

" No. That was supposed to be a fling but I got.... distracted." He avoided eye contact with me, shifting his gaze to the door across him.

I could understand why, though the idiot grin on my face must be pissing him off. My older brother got distracted. Which meant he met someone. Which also meant he was moving on from his past love. Which also meant-

" You like someone, don't you?" I nudged him with my elbow teasingly, eliciting a low growl from him.

" There's nothing wrong with that Zac. That's a good thing. Tell me, what's so bad here?" I scoffed playfully.

" She's pregnant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I know what most of us are thinking. Could he really be the one who got Skye pregnant?

Is he talking about Skye or some other woman?

Patricia is cured now. How will Charlotte react when she heard the news?

Follow _ Vote _ Comment