FOURTEEN

Charlotte

                            🌼 🌼 🌼

I never in my life would have imagined seeing him again. But here he was. Right in front of me, his hot breath was fanning my neck, making goosebumps appear all over my body. It was uncomfortable being this close to someone, a stranger. But his scent was amazing.

It was obvious he had gotten out of the shower but his scent was strong as ever. It filled my nostrils, suffocating me, clouding my thoughts.

" I'm waiting for an answer, Charlotte." He whispered, that annoying smirk was etched on his face again. I was irritated with his much of an effect he had on me.

" You can't punish me. I didn't say anything wrong." I tried to remain calm.

He still had that dark aura from that night. Everything about him was scary but at the same time... interesting. His green eyes were like a trap. Once you looked into them you couldn't look away.

He stood straighter, a somewhat amused expression taking over his face. I'd give anything to know what he was thinking.

" You snuck into my territory, escaped, and landed your boyfriend in trouble. You've done much more than you think, Fiore." He crossed his arms again.

My eyes widened. He still remembered that night, ans he wanted to punish me for that. His words resonated in my head though.

I got Dean and Skye in trouble. Was that why she was acting weird?

" If I really was the one who got them in trouble...why did you punish them? Why didn't you come after me? " I frowned.

At this point I didn't care what I was saying. No one hurts the people I care about. If it was really my fault then I accept my mistake. I'd take his punishment with open arms. Maybe then I'd feel better about putting my friends in trouble.

He rolled his lower lip in between his teeth. His eyes were staring at me, just like the night before. He was reading me like an open book, and he was fascinated.

" That's a pretty brave thing for you to say, fiore. But I'm not going to decide. Why don't you tell me what I should do to you?" He raised a brow.

I swallowed nervously and thought for a moment. Was he really expecting me to tell him how to punish me?

" I hurt the people I love..." I bit the inside of my cheeks and lowered my head.

" You can do what you want with me." I added hesitantly.

My head snapped up when I heard him laugh. It wasn't a good kind of laughter. It was low, deep and very menacing.

Did I say something wrong?

He leaned an inch closer and asked;

" Are you sure about that, fiore? I can do... whatever I want with you?"

" Yes." I nearly snapped. I didn't know what he was thinking, I just know I deserved the worst for what I did. Dean came home really sick that day. Skye wasn't herself and I haven't been able to speak to her since. She's acting so strange and now I know it's because of me.

I gasped when I felt my face being tilted upwards. His face was so close. Too close that our noses were touching.

" You know I take people's words really seriously...." He leaned closer.

" And yours won't be an exception, fiore." I shivered when he glanced at me for a brief second.

" Like you suggested, I will do whatever I want with you. Until you're work is over...you are mine."

With that, he gave my lips a quick peck and turned away, like nothing ever happened. I stood in the empty hallway. My heart was pounding inside my chest and it seemed like I was glued to the spot. 

What have I done?

                                ~ ~ ~

" You're here." I smiled when I spotted my best friend on the couch.

Skye looked at me and smiled. She was wearing one of the shirts I had taken from Dean and her hair was damp and messy.

" Yeah, I really wanted to see you today. Shitty weather wanted to stop me." She clenched her fists, glaring daggers at the window across the room.

I laughed and sat beside her.

" My clothes were completely soaked on my way. I would have worn your clothes but you're too damn small, little one." She playfully pinched my cheeks.

" Skye I'm not that small. You're just the one with so much bust. You wouldn't fit in my clothes even if I got bigger sizes." I swatted her hand away.

Skye had a massive front, which she was very proud of. Sometimes I'd wonder how she'd manage herself. If I was in her shoes I'd go get them reduced anyway possible. My breasts weren't big, they weren't small either, but sometimes I got so tired of them that I'd wish I were a guy.

" Where have you been lately? Where's Dean?" I asked, looking around.

" He's probably in his room or something. I just got here." She shrugged.

" But I've been at home." She rubbed her arm nervously.

" Okay...what happened to you? You've been a little off lately." I said, wrapping my arm around my best friend and laid my head on her shoulder.

" I've been, seeing an old friend and well, we've been hitting it off." She said, a dreamy smile taking over her face.

" What? Who is it? Do I know him? Since when do we hide things from each other? How long have you been seeing each other?" I bombarded her with questions.

Skye clenched her teeth and exhaled deeply.

" I didn't want to rush things. I took things slow because I wanted to be sure. I really do like him, but..." She whispered.

" But..." I trailed off, not liking the look on her face.

" I'm.. pregnant."

The news I just heard made me want to scream and jump. My best friend was pregnant. She was going to become a mother. I would support her and help her take care of the child. I'll be an aunt. I had already forgotten about what happened back at work and was struggling to sit still.

" That's amazing Skye. You're going to be a great mother. I'll be the best best friend and aunt you will ever meet. I promise." I said giddily.

Skye didn't seem happy with my rants. She wasn't happy as I was. She wasn't happy at all.

" Skye, is something wrong?" I asked, squeezing her shoulder a bit.

Skye sniffled, wiping a stray tear from her cheek. My best friend was crying right in front of me. I couldn't handle it.

" He won't accept me....he won't accept us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~