THIRTY-FIVE

MATTEO

                                 🌼 🌼 🌼

She was probably shocked that I had heard what she was saying. I couldn't help it. I wanted to give her some time alone with Patricia but her words just sparked an idea within me.

I wasn't sure what I wanted with this girl, but I could test the waters. She would be mine and I would see if I could find love too. If all went well, then I wouldn't be letting her go no matter what.

I'd kill her boyfriend if I had to. I probably do.

Her puffy, dark brown eyes were fixated on me, searching my face to see if I was joking. I was dead serious.

I wasn't going to tell her that Patricia was like a mother to me. Then she'd never agree to my condition and think very lowly of me. This was her point of vulnerability.

I had to use it to my advantage.

" Do you need to think about it?" I pulled back.

She blinked, snapping out of her shocked trance before shaking her head rapidly and swallowing hard.

" I-I... you have to promise she'll be okay." She bit her lower lip nervously.

A small smile stretched my lips and I twirled a lock of her soft curls.

" You have my word, fiore."

" Okay. I...I will be yours." She breathed.

I leaned closer and pecked her warm forehead.

" You might not regret this." I whispered with a smile.

She only lowered her head and began fiddling with her fingers nervously, that usual pink coating her whole face.

" Whats going to happen now?" She whispered.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion. What was going to happen now?

" Will I be like...your mistress? Bed friend?" She asked softly, closing her eyes shut in embarrassment.

I chuckled at her words. If only she knew how long it's been since I actually got in bed with someone. Somehow that idea never came to me because I was too occupied with work and the ' gorgeous ' ladies that seduced me just had me irritated.

I began to see so many of them as my wife and that was honestly a huge turn off.

" No. You'll just be my little secret. All I know is, you belong to me now." I shrugged.

" Okay. But...what about my nanna?" She asked.

" Oh, I already have someone who's more than willing to be a donor. You just let me drive you home. You need the rest." Her eyes widened and she stood up so fast I had to move back.

" That fast? How?" She asked, her eyes shining with hope and relief.

" It wasn't that big of a deal really. He'll be fine with it." I waved my hand dismissively.

Zac doesn't know he's going to be taking a HLA test along with me tomorrow. He'll just have to deal with it. I'd have someone look for other donors for me in the meantime.

Hopefully either one of us would be a potential donor. Preferably him.

The bright smile that stretched her face made my heart skip a beat. She looked genuinely happy. It was only now I noticed her adorable bunny teeth.

" Thank you." She wrapped her arms around me, taking me by surprise for the second time tonight.

I was a bit hesitant to hold her back, but her soothing scent made me rethink my action. She smelt like a mixture of roses and lavender. I had my face buried in her hair before I knew it.

" Let's take you home." I reluctantly pulled away.

She wiped another stray tear and nodded.

" Okay."

                                ~ ~ ~

" You're taking that test, Zaccaria. Whether you like it or not." I pointed a pen towards my elder brother who was sending daggers at me with his eyes.

I made sure to return back immediately I dropped Lola home. I needed to act fast if I wanted to fulfill my promise.

" I'm not the one who made a promise to some lady. You're on your own." He crossed his arms, leaning beside the corpse that laid on the desk.

" Do it for Danny. She loves that woman. I know you have a soft spot for her too." I squinted my eyes at him, noticing how his eyes softened for a millisecond before returning cold.

Patricia and Zac hardly met, but they got along nicely. She was the only reason why Zac would agree to bring Danny back from school. He liked her just as much as we did, he just wouldn't admit it.

" Buy me a motorcycle." He demanded.

" You are just as rich as I am. Why do you like to spend my money?" I frowned.

Every profit I made I shared between Zac and I equally. Our parents don't know this and they never will. I just don't know why he doesn't like spending his wealth but mine.

" Well I'm doing you this favor, aren't I? But me a motorcycle."  He repeated.

I rolled my eyes but agreed anyway. He was a jerk bit he was doing me a huge favor. If he  ended up a potential donor, then I'd buy him two. If I did, then he'd end up with none.

" Fine. Just tell him to start." I pointed towards the doctor at the corner of the room who was shaking with fright.

I wouldn't blame him. I really shouldn't have let Zac come deal with Gabriel alone. Now the white walls of this office was stained with blood and so was his shirt. I was going to have to kill that man for witnessing what Zac just did.

Zac probably will.

" Forgot about him." Zac mumbled, pulling out his gun and firing a bullet through his skull. I watched as the now dead man slowly slid onto the floor.

" What's wrong with you? He was going to run the test." I frowned.

The hospital was pretty much empty right now. Hopefully none of the staff were coming up to check what that noise was.

" He was in on it. Plus, he's not the one we're supposed to go to. Come on." He began heading out the door.

" Take off that shirt first." I pulled him back, referring to his bloodied shirt. Thank goodness he had taken off his jacket. He'd just have to wear that.

" And make sure you lock this place up. I'll call Vincent and ask him to come clean this up." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

" Alright fine. I'll meet you there." He said, shrugging off his shirt and reaching for his jacket.

If my parents hadn't already traumatized me, I'm pretty sure my brother would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~