FORTY- SIX

CHARLOTTE

                                🌼 🌼 🌼

" Are you sure it's safe?" I let my eyes scan the area for any of Dean's family members or police cars.

I know I'm over exaggerating things but the paranoia was really getting to me. I'm the victim here but I feel like the criminal. I rested my hands on my thighs and took a deep, shaky breath. Matteo's scent filled my nostrils immediately, providing some sort of comfort that I gladly welcomed.

" You're right. Let's go back to my place." I nodded in agreement and began reversing out of the driveway.

" No! I... I think it's safe enough. Thank you." I quickly stopped him.

I couldn't stay with him forever. Besides, He'd still see me tomorrow. I had to babysit his daughter.

Matteo let out an annoyed huff , mumbling something in Italian which was way too low for me to catch. His displeasure honestly made my heart flutter and I wouldn't lie, his company was... entertaining.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door, Matteo's eyes fixated on me all the way.

" I'll see you tomorrow." I sighed when I noticed how deep his scowl had become.

" I know." I mumbled defeatedly.

I shook my head with a smile and closed the door, offering a small wave as I headed for my house. One of the reasons why I wanted to return so bad was that I realized I hadn't locked my apartment when I left.

Anyone could have gotten in, maybe I was even robbed while I was away. Thankfully my apartment was just the way I had left it, perhaps even cleaner. My living room was spotless, there was no blood on my kitchen counter again and even the dishes from our dinner were washed up.

It was like nothing ever happened. Is this what Matteo meant by, he'd take care of it? A low chuckle left my lips as the image of the handsome man came to view.

He really was something.

I locked my front door and headed to my room for a long shower, sighing when I remembered that I was in my apartment again. I had already gotten used to the jacuzzi in Matteo's guest room that I honestly forgot I wouldn't meet one here.

Either way I took my long, hot bath, making sure to get out of the water before I fell asleep in the tub. I threw Matteo's hoodie over my head when I was done and headed back to the living room for some tv.

I didn't want to admit that I somewhat missed the blonde man's presence. So with the excuse of liking the fabric of his hoodie, I  rested my head on my fully hidden arms and enjoyed the divine scent that came from it.

                                   ~ ~ ~

" I'm worried about you, Skye. What's happening to us?" I folded my legs and stared at the blonde girl beside me. She had knocked in my door two hours later and was watching a random movie with me in silence.

She was different now. Ever since that party and it was making me sad. I missed my best friend badly and all I wanted was to go back to the way things were before.

Skye looked at me with a blank expression before her features softened with a small smile.

" I promise I'm all right, Lola. It's just that...I don't think I deserve to be your best friend anymore." She whispered, her eyes shifting to her long and slender fingers.

My brows furrowed at her words. What did she mean by that?

" I don't... understand you Skye. Please tell me what you mean." I half sighed.