FORTY-FIVE

MATTEO

                              🌼 🌼 🌼

" I want my daughter back here, Anna. I want her now." I growled into the phone.

She was supposed to be gone for a week, no more no less. But Anastasia hasn't brought her back yet.

" She's my daughter too Matteo. I can take care of her. " I could picture the frown on her face as she said that.

" She's missing school! " I gritted.

" So? I'll just say she was sick. No problem." She scoffed.

I was getting more livid with each word that came out of her mouth.

" Anastasia, it's either you bring my daughter back, or I find you and take her away. You won't have to bother coming back because I won't let you. So choose wisely."

The line went silent for a few seconds before she replied with a simple ' fine' and hung up the call. With a heavy sigh of frustration I raked my hand through my hair and slumped into my office chair.

I really missed my princess.

I groaned when my phone rang thinking it was my wife but it was in fact, the person I had been eager to hear from. I quickly picked up the call, waiting for any update he had to give. Hopefully a good one.

" Mr Ferrari..." He started.

" Get to the point, Theo. What needs to be done?"  I drummed my fingers against my desk.

" Your brother is a perfect match Sir. With his and your permission...the operation may begin immediately." He stated.

I felt my tense shoulders relax at his news. This was great. Patricia would be cured and Charlotte would be mine.

" I'll contact him. He'll be there tomorrow. Get everything ready. Do whatever you need to do. I'll pay you abundantly if all goes well." I smiled.

" That wouldn't be necessary sir. I made a promise after all. I'll be waiting for his arrival. Goodbye." The man replied before hanging up.

I couldn't explain the bitterness I felt at his words. He made a promise? To who? Charlotte? Did he have any feelings towards her? It was obvious he took a liking to my flower. I saw it.

But I wasn't going to let anyone take her away from me.

Deciding not to tell Lola the good news now, I placed my phone on my desk and returned to work. It'd be a surprise and she'll be so happy. I could already see her bouncing on her feet and thanking me repeatedly with a bright smile plastered on her face.

The soft knock on my door snapped me out of my thoughts. I mumbled a quiet ' come in' but she heard me. She opened the door and let herself in, her dark eyes searching the room until they found me and her cheeks heating up a bit as they did.

She was wearing one of my hoodies and some pair of ripped jeans I had found from Anastasia's closet. All my wife's dresses were too skimpy and revealing and I knew Charlotte wasn't going to like them, so my hoodie was the next best option.

It was a blueish-gray color ( Aroma ) which stopped mid thigh with sleeves that passed her her finger tips. It was fun seeing her struggle with how big my shirt was for her, she was just too cute.

" Uhmm, I was wondering...." She mumbled quietly, rolling the sleeve of my hoodie up to her elbow and frowning when it slid back down.

" Yes, fiore? Take a seat." I gestured towards the seat across my table with a smile.