FIVE

MATTEO

                     🌼🌼🌼

" Honestly, brother if you keep this up you're going to lose it." My brother glanced at me through his square glasses.

I stopped my pacing around and aggressively slumped onto one of the seats in my office.

" What do you suggest I fucking do, Zac? She's driving me insane! She gave her that yoghurt when I told her that it wasn't good for her. Now Danny can't eat anything and it's going to take a while before she regains her appetite." I seethed.

Yesterday wasn't the greatest day for me and returning home to find my daughter writhing in pain didn't make things any better. Anna was right beside speaking to tye doctor as though she was just calling to ask about his day. I almost couldn't take it. I could have slapped the attitude of of that bitch but that's not what Danny needed.

" Kill the whore. What good is she for you anyway?" Zac shrugged, taking off his glasses.

" You know that's not an option. Don't you think I would have done that? She's even worse than Lonzo." I clenched my fists.

Zac shrugged and adjusted his posting on the seat. He began scrolling through his phone, leaving me to seethe alone before a frown settled on his face.

" Maybe you can take your anger out on someone." A sinister smirk settled on his face. If I wasn't his brother I would have shuddered. He looked almost devilish.

" What are you talking about?" I rubbed my face tiredly.

" That new bar you opened. Let's go there and forget all our problems." Zac shrugged.

I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay with my angel and hold her close. I wanted to hug the sickness out of her but I knew Zac was right. The both of us had too much on our shoulders. I held all the responsibilities of our family and Zac...he had gone through so much because of his life choices.

Imagine having your own parents hit you with a truck simply because they feared your love life would affect the family's ruthless reputation. Zac lost the love of his life during his 6months in coma. It broke him, but he moved on. At least...he pretended as though he did.

I, on the other hand, had the worst luck. The one person I loved was already married...to my cousin. I had to take over my father's place as a Don and also run multiple companies. My love life was a mess but I had to settle.

So Anastasia came in. She was gorgeous. But she was a lot of things too. Spoilt, greedy, ill-mannered, and was utterly useless. She couldn't cook, clean or take care of her own child. It was sad, but there was nothing I could do.

" I don't know..." I sighed.

I couldn't remember the last time I had intercourse. Anastasia ruined women for me. Besides, I was really convinced that if I got engaged with another woman things wouldn't go well.

" Alright fine. You haven't slept with anyone for nearly five years. I don't blame you for being scared of the bitch though. Her voice alone can kill." Zac stood up.

" Scared?" I repeated after him.

I have fought the most dangerous people. Killed thousands of lives, and tortured souls just for the fun. I am not scared.

Zac turned to me, unfazed by my tone. He was the only one who could speak to me however he wanted, even Anastasia didn't get away whenever she said something that pissed me off.

" Which one of them?" I gritted.

" The newest one. It's getting late, come on." Zac walked out of the office. I stared at the huge files on my desk. I was done with half, but the other half was still much.

Ignoring the headache that was slowly surfacing, I followed my brother towards his car. I didn't want to drive tonight. I wanted to get drunk and forget about all my problems even if it was for one night.

                            ~ ~ ~

" Since when did you like guys?" I raised a brow towards my brother who had just flirted with one of the waiters.

Zac took a sip of his wine. He had taken over 10 shots and was tipsy, but he could still understand what I was saying and speak properly.

" Do you have a problem with my sexuality?" He raised an unamused brow.

" No. If anything I envy you. Guys are much easier to be with." I chuckled.

My eyes scanned the huge crowd a few feet away from us. Zac and I were in the VIP section because I didn't want to deal with the sweaty bodies tonight. They always stank.

" Exactly. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to have some fun." Zac smirked, his eyes zeroing on the brunette waiter who looked slightly terrified.

I chuckled. He should be.

From the corner of my eye I spotted a dark haired woman approaching me. The alcohol in my veins almost had me believing it was her. The woman I love. But it wasn't.

I groaned, palming my forehead and left the place. If she came closer I'd be furious. I stumbled farther away, smiling when I spotted a seat beside some wealthy people. I sat beside them, making it clear that I didn't want to chat when one of the ladies came over. She huffed when I ignored her and left.

I really should have stayed back. Danny must be missing me so much. I stood up, finally deciding to leave when I noticed there was a girl being dragged out of the bar. Someone trespassed.

A figure came running out of the crowd and I watched as she bent over to catch her breath. The dress she wore lifted a bit, revealing more of her milky skin and my eyes widened.

The girl seemed more frightened than ever. Her eyes met the girl being dragged away and the panic in her face was unmistakable.

Oh, she was an accomplice.

She must have felt my stare because her eyes met mine instantly. I watched her freeze, unable to hold the smirk that curled my lips.

Well...maybe I could be reckless for be one night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~